Skechers GoRun3 review.... (Read 112 times)

Albon

160 miles, mostly in brutal winter conditions....

http://www.therunningswede.com/2014/01/skechers-gorun3-review.html

www.therunningswede.com

npaden

Thanks for the review.

So its not such a dramatic improvement that I'm going to regret that I have 3 unworn pairs of gorun 2's sitting in my closet that I got for $40 each?

How many miles are you getting on your skechers before retiring them?

I'm going right around 400 miles before they get relegated to treadmill status.  On the original gorun it was because the tread wore out pretty quickly.  Now they put the rubber reinforcement where the tread doesn't wear out as quickly, but I think what cushion there is is still wearing out about as quickly as any other running shoe.

I'm 200lbs and seem to only get about 400 miles on any shoe I have before my feet start telling me the would prefer a new shoe.  Could be all in the head though.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

arca

I only get 400 miles or so out of running shoes as well. This bugs me because the guy I run with most days gets about double that. Can't work out if it's all in my head or not!

degregorius

I got 300 miles on my first pair of Skechers GoRuns before the soles cracked. The GoRun 2s look like they'll go way over 300 miles.

However, judging from the review, it seems that the GoRun 3's aren't the type of shoes for winter weather running. i.e. your feet will get soaked.

Anyone run in the GoRun All Weather shoes?

Totally depends on the runner I guess.  I'm still in the original GoRuns...with over 1,100 miles on them.  They've worn down some on the bottom, but I'm in no rush to replace them.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
            Emil Zatopek

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I've got almost 400 mi on my oldest pair of Go Bionics, which are zero heel drop, and they seem to be going strong, although out of caution I'm relegating them to shorter runs now. I never got over 250mi in the stability shoes I started out with. I changed my form by doing a lot of running barefoot, in Vibrams & Sacouny Hattori very minimal shoes. The Bionics have more padding and I'm liking them a bit better. I recently picked up a pair of Go Run Meb (speed) a light weight, 4mm heel drop (similar to the Go Run's I think in heel drop). I have almost 80mi on them and am considering using them in first marathon on 2/16/14. I also rotate with two other pairs of different colored Go Bionic's. Guess I'm hooked on Sketchers these days!

bob e v
              2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

npaden

Totally depends on the runner I guess.  I'm still in the original GoRuns...with over 1,100 miles on them.  They've worn down some on the bottom, but I'm in no rush to replace them.

I'm just not sure as still a pretty new runner and am trying to err on the side of caution.  I have a lot of miles on Skechers over the last year, I'm just rotating new ones in and relegating the older ones to treadmill duty.

Skechers Go Bionic (Black) $43.20 101 mi $0.43 / mi Active
                Skechers Go Bionic Trail (Blue) $69.54 15.9 mi $4.38 / mi Active
                Skechers Go Run (Gray) $43.30 463 mi $0.09 / mi Active
                Skechers Go Run (Red) $43.30 433 mi $0.10 / mi Active
                Skechers Go Run 2 (Red/Lime) $66.43 435 mi $0.15 / mi Active
                Skechers Go Run 2 (Red/Lime #2) $43.35 0 mi   New
                Skechers Go Run 2 Supreme (Black/Lime) $48.91 0 mi   New
                Skechers Go Run 2 Supreme (Green/Blue) $48.91 76.4 mi $0.64 / mi Active
                Skechers Go Run 2 Supreme (Orange/Lime) $48.91 0 mi   New
                Skechers Go Run M (Neon) $43.30 421 mi $0.10 / mi Active  

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Safe is always better than sorry.  I am only still wearing mine because they have gotten more, not less, comfortable for me.  The "bump" is pretty much gone, and they are much more flexible now.

I don't worry about padding because another of my favorite shoes is 4mm with no cushion.

I typically get a lot of miles out of any shoe.  I wonder what non-obvious factors contribute to that.  I know it's not rotation...because I will often wear the same pair for days or weeks on end as long as they dry out and the conditions don't demand otherwise.

I'm just not sure as still a pretty new runner and am trying to err on the side of caution.  I have a lot of miles on Skechers over the last year, I'm just rotating new ones in and relegating the older ones to treadmill duty.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                  Emil Zatopek