How do you do it? (Read 682 times)

luken

RA's cranky old teenager

I'm dealing with some sort of unidentifiable foot injury and I haven't been able to run for a week and a half. Before then my training had been sporadic and I took a week off earlier. So for the past month or so, I haven't been able to get a full week of running in. Yesterday I went for like a 15 mile bike ride and tried to go again today, but my saddle isn't too forgiving any my ass just hurt. 

So how do you guys deal with being injured? How do you stay sane? I also have finals coming up and I'm going to have absolutely zero stress relief from running. Oof...

End rant.

That's probably maybe mostly true.

Recent discussion on this very topic.

I just try to lose myself in the alternate activity.  When I'm especially run-hungry, I try to remember that every day gets me more healed and every alternate-activity day helps me keep fit, so I'll have less catching up to do when I'm back on my feet.

And I drink heavily.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

And I drink heavily.

How do you do it is a different question from what's the best way to handle it. Wink

Good luck and speedy recovery, luken!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

How to find a saddle that works well for you is another big topic.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How to find a saddle that works well for you is another big topic.

This.  Though sit bone pain is good (and eventually goes away pretty much entirely, even if you pedal 100+ miles in a single day)...it means your weight is where it belongs.  If it's areas forward of your ass, well...that's another issue.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

keeponrunning

I barely made it.  Went for my first run in almost 5 weeks today, after fracturing my foot.  I got busy with volunteer work so that I didn't think about running as much.  I also did upper body weights and biking to maintain some semblance of fitness.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022