Yeah, but is it food? (Read 999 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My 10 year old and I made this Big grin For sister's half birthday.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is that fondant icing? NICE! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

MrH

I gonna need to see a full list of ingredients, and know their carbon mileage, before I can answer this.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

is it edible?? the little chef's hat is too cute!

Best Present Ever

Adorable, and impressive. I barely get it together for my kids' actual bithdays, much less adorable bear cakes for half-birthdays.
              it is always fun to make something like that. then kind of macabe to cut it up and eat it. my older boy is very sensitive. he almost feels bad. my 5 year old would be happy to chop off the feet and eat them. i worry for that boy.

MrH

it is always fun to make something like that. then kind of macabe to cut it up and eat it. my older boy is very sensitive. he almost feels bad. my 5 year old would be happy to chop off the feet and eat them. i worry for that boy.
                Yeah - watch out for the ones that poke out the eyes first.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I gonna need to see a full list of ingredients, and know their carbon mileage, before I can answer this.
                  Flour (White Lilly, local-ish) Eggs from the local farm 2% milk from the local farm Butter (don't ask) Sugar raped from the third world Salt raped from another third world Baking powder from a factory Cocoa, fair trade Powdered sugar, lord knows Fondant from a box
                  the little chef's hat is too cute!
                  It is a princess. Roll eyes
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You mean you didn't make your own fondant from scratch?! OMG, you are SO dead to me... Roll eyes

~ Sarah Kay

It is a princess. Roll eyes
                      LOL. my bad. Big grin i was wondering why the chef had earrings...
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You mean you didn't make your own fondant from scratch?! OMG, you are SO dead to me... Roll eyes
                        Kiddo was asking about this. Food grade glycerine is hard to find.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kiddo was asking about this. Food grade glycerine is hard to find.
                          Really? I find it at a health food store nearby...I think it's NOW brand. I haven't used it in ages, but it's useful stuff.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

LOL. my bad. Big grin i was wondering why the chef had earrings...
                            You know chefs can be female...and doctors, too. And there are male nurses and teachers nowadays. Silly girl living in the dark ages...

~ Sarah Kay

haha, zoom it wasn't so much about the male/female thing. I tend to overthink things a lot, and my train of thought was something like: "aww CUTE! It's wearing an apron. Must be a chef. Wait, it has earrings. Aren't chefs not allowed to wear earrings in the kitchen? What if they fell in someone's food? What if the person choked? I wonder if the chef would give the heimlich or would it be the waiter? Probably the waiter since the chef would have no idea his/her earring caused someone to choke. Would the chef get in trouble for killing someone with an earring? I wonder if "death by earring" is grounds for plausible deniability?" and so on... Roll eyes
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bwahahaha! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay