Strange wear pattern (Read 52 times)

DukeDB

I'm trying out zero drop as part of my year of no marathons.  Progressively lessened drop and support this spring and am enjoying improved feeling in calves and feet during and after runs - PF all gone, calves lively.  Achilles feel fine too.  Some miles in the low drop Hoka Clifton and no drop Altra Provision and Escalate.  The Escalate are my favorites but I have he strangest wear pattern ... see photo.  On the outside of the inside of the toe, side of the shoe, same on both shoes.  200 miles on em.  I have a little bit of a ache in the adductors if I run long in them.  Working on core - upper leg strength this year too.  I know interpretation of wear patters can lead to faulty conclusions ... but any ideas what this means and whether there are some drills or exercises that may help?  (Other than ballet - I am and always will be completely graceless)rub

haroldjiii

run, rest & read

Sorry, I have no good advice, just curiosity. Do your toes come in contact at any point in your stride? Can't think of any other cause of this. Is it on other shoes as well, or just those?

DukeDB

They do come together on these shoes,but I only noticed this after seeing the wear marks.  I don't have the wear marks on any other shoes.  I wonder if the broader toebox of the Altras are to blame, or if the soft (and nice!) foam on these make it particularly obvious.  Most of my other shoes just show a general beating all over the bottoms.