2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

Fanilow

2 miles in the pitch black at 5:30am hungover with sore legs before heading to the airport. Still in it!

Ouch!

4 miles on an indoor track. Two of them in my socks...hoping to strengthen my stupid feet. 58 more miles to go...

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

TJoseph

Just three miles today and one yesterday, but the streak is still alive.  Tomorrow is another travel day.

Joann Y

I'm tired. I have a headache. There is a 4 o'clock party with warm holiday cocktails that I could be getting ready for. Instead I am going to run for two hours. Curse you, Xhristopher! I am determined to hit my mileage goal for the month, otherwise I would be doing a cursory 2 miler. If there is time, I will still hit up that party and have some hot buttered rum to celebrate.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm tired. I have a headache. There is a 4 o'clock party with warm holiday cocktails that I could be getting ready for. Instead I am going to run for two hours. Curse you, Xhristopher! I am determined to hit my mileage goal for the month, otherwise I would be doing a cursory 2 miler. If there is time, I will still hit up that party and have some hot buttered rum to celebrate.

Hope you have a great run and a great party Joann!

I still feel sick and normally would never run in this condition, but since I have no fever I decided to hit the TM anyway and managed 6 km at a very easy pace. I'm very pleased with myself, I actually felt totally normal while running.

Evolving body parts

Day 23, 11k, still in.

Hats off to those traveling or fighting with cold etc while streaking. Hang in there!

Joann Y

Hope you have a great run and a great party Joann!

Thank you LedLincoln!

xhristopher

Curse you, Xhristopher! I am determined to hit my mileage goal for the month, otherwise I would be doing a cursory 2 miler.

If it helps, I ran 20 miles on a treadmill this afternoon. It wasn't exactly my idea of a good time but I'm determined too.

xhristopher

I still feel sick and normally would never run in this condition, but since I have no fever I decided to hit the TM anyway and managed 6 km at a very easy pace. I'm very pleased with myself, I actually felt totally normal while running.

Glad you ran. When I'm like this running is the one time in the day I feel normal. Running works wonders on a headache too.

xhristopher

134 down, 109 to go.

4 on 20. Planned to run less but snowy roads firmed up after sunset.

joescott

Streak rolled on today with the usatf xc club national championships. Too much fun.

and....????  (you didn't miss your race like a complete idiot, did you?)

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

joescott

14 today on a very nice day (for a change).

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Run Long, and Prosper!

4 miles this evening to keep the streak alive. Finished the week with 72.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

Feeling the growl again

Heh.  Yeah, I was out on the first day (sick kids).  No real streaking going on but I'll still have a nice December total by the time it's over.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills