Do you have a food cheat day? (Read 196 times)

Pretty much everyday. That's why I have to run my ass off.

This.

Still kicking

I weigh myself every morning. Depending on how much under 150 I am (male 6'1") dictates how loosely or tightly I watch my calories for the day. Or even simpler, how much hunger or stuffedness I'm willing to experience. I've never let my weight get out of hand. My 350 pound uncle dropped dead from a heart attack when I was a child, and that forever effected me. I love mint chip ice cream, pizza, and lemon pie. But I have to do a long run and weigh 145 or less before I'll touch it. I've been this way since high school, and it's worked for over 35 years.

I'm also on Athlinks and Strava

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I weigh myself every morning. Depending on how much under 150 I am (male 6'1") dictates how loosely or tightly I watch my calories for the day. Or even simpler, how much hunger or stuffedness I'm willing to experience. I've never let my weight get out of hand. My 350 pound uncle dropped dead from a heart attack when I was a child, and that forever effected me. I love mint chip ice cream, pizza, and lemon pie. But I have to do a long run and weigh 145 or less before I'll touch it. I've been this way since high school, and it's worked for over 35 years.

Wow...that weight goal seems a little extreme, but I guess if it's worked for you for 35 years...

On previous marathon cycles, I've obsessively entered in my calories and exercise on MyFitnessPal (knowing it was only giving me a ballpark picture of actual calories in/out).  If it was a heavy running day, I'd indulge a little bit (not necessarily on the quality of the food, but the quantity).  I'd usually get down to about 155 or lower by race day, and be happy with that.

This year, I'm going about it a little differenly, probably likely out of pure laziness: I'm not using MyFitnessPal; rather, I'm snacking (healthily) throughout the day, more or less to hunger, and just running the plan.  I think there is plenty of mileage there to absorb any overages.  If someone brings baked goods to the teachers' lounge or there's a fundraiser luncheon, I partake and don't worry about it.

We'll see if this works or not, but I can tell you, I'm sure enjoying myself a lot more this time around!

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

zeppelin390

I do not think I'm running enough to allow myself the food luxuries that it sounds like you guys have earned. My long day consists of 4 miles, 2.5 for short, and 12ea-400yds on my third day, sometimes throwing in a 4th day of a short run. While my primary goal is weigh-loss, but I have been surprisingly enjoying the fitness and plan on continuing even after my weight goals have been met.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I weigh myself pretty frequently, and take note if it's unusually low or high and make slight adjustments, but for the most part, it's a non-issue with me.  The expression "food luxuries" is interesting.  I have what one might consider food luxuries all the time, but have found that two ounces of something can be as satisfying as eight ounces.  What works for me is small bites, chew thoroughly, cleanse palate with water between bites.  Every bite is pretty enjoyable that way.  I allow myself to be a good deal more gluttonous in terms of speed and quantity of consumption when replenishing after a long run/race.

I don't worry about a damn thing. I weigh a buck 67, drink at LEAST a six pack a day, often around 8 or 9, eat donuts and pastries, and have yet to gain an ounce. I run between 25 and 35 miles a week , nothing compared to most of you guys., climb my ass off and make love to my lady friend 5-6 nights a week. So, no i don't have a cheat day.

Still kicking

Wow...that weight goal seems a little extreme, but I guess if it's worked for you for 35 years...

Actually it's not a goal, as I've never been at a weight that needed a goal or fixing. It's simply been a lifestyle that has worked well for me.

I'm also on Athlinks and Strava

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

I don't worry about a damn thing. I weigh a buck 67, drink at LEAST a six pack a day, often around 8 or 9, eat donuts and pastries, and have yet to gain an ounce. I run between 25 and 35 miles a week , nothing compared to most of you guys., climb my ass off and make love to my lady friend 5-6 nights a week. So, no i don't have a cheat day.

Hmm.  Seems like there's a limerick there.

"There once was a manfromnantucket

Who, counting his calories, said..."

I can't think of how it would go from there.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

zeppelin390

"There once was a manfromnantucket

Who, counting his calories, said..."

"A 6-pack here, a jelly-glazed doughnut there

the man did not have a care"

I think everyday is a food cheat day for me.......

Champions are made when no one is watching

delicate flower

I actually keep a pretty strict diet and try to limit the cheat days.  Eating all that crap food is bad for your body and counterproductive to all that running.  I only cheat on my diet from Sunday through Saturday.

<3