My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

Better I Leave

Boy...us "geeks" sure took this thread on a tangent, haven't we? LOL!

Jimbow1959

Last run was 10k/6 miles...  Canadian eh. Was on Thursday. Was about -10c/20f. Goal is 40+ k per week.Supposed to get colder here this week Going for 7k followed by yoga this morning.

NHLA

7 miles 62 min. Sunny!

Last night, 8.4 miles, 1:12. Rushed home from work to try to get it in before dark, although pretty pitch black by the time I finished. Planned on 6, but couldn't help myself. Not too cold, low 30's, but 20-25mph wind which somehow defied physics and managed to be in my face virtually the entire run. It's a beautiful thing.

Dave

Jimbow1959 Hmmm 1959? Birth date? If so, *High Fives* to another 59 baby. Really nice job on 40 for the week!! I aspire to run like. I got 21.5 in this week and feeling pretty accomplished. Big grin

NHLA Yay for sunshine!

DaveP MI I bet that wind brought the temps down, eh? 

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

A Saucy Wench

7.6 this morning. freezing fog on bare pavement made it a bit treacherous.  Was aiming for 10 but skidded on ice and tweaked the knee a bit.  Nothing serious but nothing I wanted to tweak again on more ice.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Fanilow

This morning...5 miles in the perfect mid 30's.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  I had a great run this morning, part with a running group, part solo.  16.08 miles total, with the last 3 at MP and a couple other fast miles in there as well.  10 miles on tap for tomorrow will give me 84 for the week.

Melody...You don't look like a '59 baby in your pic!  Good job building up your mileage.

Jimbow...Some of my other running friends on here are in Canada as well...tough for you folks to get the miles in during the winter.  Good luck with the 40k per week goal.

NHLA...Can't beat a good, sunny run this time of year in my book!  Nice job with the miles.

DaveP...I swear that always happens with the wind...don't know how, but it does.  Nice job with the 8, and good stuff stretching it a little longer than you had planned.  I "steal" miles for the week by doing that all the time.

Ennay...Sounds like a scary run!  I would have cut that one short as well.  At least you still got some decent miles in.

Marina...Nice job on your 5 in some good running weather.  I used to be a wimp about the cold, but now I agree completely that the 30s are great for running.

Dave...Have a great time running with the pooch.  I hope she's up for it and you can get the double loop in.

April...That sounds like a nice size of group to run with.  Nice work pushing your pace a little today.  It sounds like you need to race a 10k soon!  I'm in the same both with my 5k and 10k PRs in that my current fitness is way stronger as well.  I guess that's a good thing though.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner Thanks, re: 59 baby and mileage. YOUR millage is so impressive! I would certainly say you are a runner per your handle.  Smile

Ennay That is scary! Yikes. Do you have any YakTrax?

MarinaD I agree, 30's are sweet these days..sometimes even balmy!

A Saucy Wench

I do but yaktrax dont really work on bare mostly dry pavement with thin ice.  Very very jarring.  You need more winter than we get around here to really use them.   I dont like them unless there is actual snow on the ice

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

So_Im_a_Runner Thanks, re: 59 baby and mileage. YOUR millage is so impressive! I would certainly say you are a runner per your handle.  Smile

MarinaD I agree, 30's are sweet these days..sometimes even balmy!

Thanks Melody...I came over in the RWOL wave, and when I was on there, it had a ? mark at the end (So_I'm_A_Runner?).  I started running in 2010, but it took me a while to really feel like a runner, even though I was running relatively well.  Now I know that it's something that's going to be part of my life for a long time.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner I think that is awesome! I used to run very seriously about a million years ago (well, 32 or so yrs ago) then just ran wee bits until about 3 years ago. It feels so great to (almost) consider myself a "real" runner again! I hope to be running when I am in my 80s. Big grin

Ennay I agree about YakTrax and snow. Luckily they paved my favorite route a few years ago, so my YakTrax are stored away. All my routes are on quiet country roads that are paved and plowed. I AM fortunate in regards to that. Smile

jmsab23

Melody.... Just checked Active.com to see if anyone was still in that room. Saw your last post. Have to ask now...... what is "wonky?"

"No man can ever know all he needs until he first knows himself."---- James Steele

PRs:

5K - 20:39.   4-mile - 28:15.    5-mile - 35:36.     10k - 44:51.   HM - 1:38:23.  FM: 3:36:25

jmsab23 "Wonky" Active.com= the page hung up and would not load or loaded slowly-slowly, error messages when it did load, OR my anti-virus program flagged the site as unsafe. All so frustrating! Angry Happy happy to be here on runningahead.com Big grin

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

10miles this morning with our little running group.  Seven of us this morning ... first 5 miles talking about stuff that happened this past week .. last 5 miles a bit more serious covering the distance.

Today's temps were in the 30's ... tomorrow is calling for a  high of 4 with a ton of wind.  Might be my first shot at joining the more miles than degrees club if I don't wimp and spend the day on the couch!

Tim