2 days in Boston are there nice runs around downtown (Read 580 times)

patarch1

New Haven 08

Hi, I am spending two days for work and staying in downtown Boston. Does anyone know of nice 2 to 6 miles loops in the downtown area. As a precision, I am staying close to the Copley Place. Thanks in advance. Patarch1

200 mile bike trip in three days with sleeping gear and change.

Get the Saturday running club back up.

Run below 8 minutes per mile for 6 miles.

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

There is lots of great running around there. First, stop at Marathon Sports in Copley Square and ask for their free Boston Running Map. From Copley square, go four blocks north and you hit Commonwealth Ave, which in that area has a linear park running down the middle of it. If you follow it to the right you get to the Public Gardens and Boston Common. To the left you can follow the Emerald Necklace series of parks: Back Bay Fens, Riverway, Leverett Pond, Jamaica Pond, Arnold Arboretum. Another great option is to use one of the several footbridges over Memorial Drive to get out onto the Charles River Esplanade. You can make loops anywhere from about 3 to 20 miles by running along the river and using the bridges.
      Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
      patarch1

New Haven 08

great, thanks for the info. The maps on RA are great, your comments perfect them.

200 mile bike trip in three days with sleeping gear and change.

Get the Saturday running club back up.

Run below 8 minutes per mile for 6 miles.

BostonRnr

If you want to run around the Charles River (aka Esplanade), here's a site that shows the distances between bridges: http://www.angio.net/personal/run/river.htm

Imminent Catastrophe

Around the Charles River is nice.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016