Number of steps. (Read 563 times)

STN

Hi Eric Great site!! Big grin I would like to have the possibility to register the number of steps I've used on a run. And then the "meter/step" - "step/km" could be calculated. regards STN
    eric :)

STN, I'm a little hesitant to add your request not because it's hard to do, but because I'm not sure how many people are interested in this information. The log already look somewhat overwhelming for a new user, and adding another field does not help. I have an idea on how to simplify it without losing any details, and I'll add your request when I start work on that. eric Smile
      STN

Hi Eric I agree there haven't been many replys to this topic, but still - I hope You will add the possibility to register the # of steps to a route. At the end we all try to run a route faster over time and one thing to improve is the size / length of each step. I think it's interesting to follow my improvements on this over time. regards STN
          Hi STN It's not a good idea for the average runner to increase your natural stide to increase your speed. Going beyond your natural stride makes you vulnerable to many types of running injuries.(only elite runners tamper with this) You are better off increasing your turnover to gain speed. Dave
          WHO FARTLEK"D ?
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hi STN It's not a good idea for the average runner to increase your natural stide to increase your speed. Going beyond your natural stride makes you vulnerable to many types of running injuries.(only elite runners tamper with this) You are better off increasing your turnover to gain speed. Dave
            I'd believe that. The few times I have tried to increase my stride I have pretty quickly decided against it, since it almost instantly causes pain. I have short legs and just have to deal with the fact that I have a short stride to go along with those short legs. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'd believe that. The few times I have tried to increase my stride I have pretty quickly decided against it, since it almost instantly causes pain. I have short legs and just have to deal with the fact that I have a short stride to go along with those short legs. k
              Hi Kirsten I am only 5'7" with short legs. I get complaints from other runners because I do have to increase my turnover to run the same pace as other long legged runners. Apparently it throws them off. lol Big grin If you do increase your turnover to increase speed your stride will naturally lengthen a bit but its not a good idea to force your stride length on purpose.
              WHO FARTLEK"D ?