I ran 5K! (Read 1041 times)

I started running two months ago (C25K), and normally I run 3 times a week together with a friend (30 min). Last week I decided to add a fourth run every week, which I run alone, since my friend can't find the time to run more often. So yesterday I went off alone, and decided to run very slow (since I'm running again today, and don't want to overdo). I just wanted to run 20 minutes, but it all went so smooth that I eventually 'forgot' to turn around after 10 minutes and decided to run 40 minutes... Because I always seem to slow down at the end of a run, I turned after 18 minutes, but arrived exactly at my starting point 18 minutes later, so no slowing down this time.... So I added an extra 4 minutes... At home, I pointed out my route and it turned out that I run exactly 4970 meters. OK, not really 5K, but very close to.... So I think I'm pretty sure I can run the 6K forest run here in my hometown on november 26th...

Running in Belgium
    Ann

Well done! It's brilliant when your mind wanders a bit and you find you've done more then you thought. Sounds like your 6k forest run is definately in your sights. It sounds lovely actually-forest run (sorry i've been forced to run in streets as it's been so dark lately and am missing trees!).
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay, Ann! Adding that 4th run sounds like it is working wonderfully! You can definitely do that 6k in a few weeks. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

Nice job! It's great when you find that "zone", where everything just clicks into place, your pace, your breathing, your mental state.....And it just flows. Those are the runs ya live for. And I guarantee that you'll have NO problems whatsoever for the 6k.
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Knew you could do it! Way to go!

Roads were made for journeys...

You'll ruin your knees!

Well, heck, I think that deserves a WOOT! Cool I think that we get distracted with all the focus on schedule, gear, shoes, etc, etc... It's always a good sign when you realize it's time to turn around and you feel as though you were just getting started! Way to go! You'll be ready for the 6K! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Finished!

oooh! excellent Big grin I think that's why I love running outside so much! I'm easily distracted Big grin
                Walk + Jog = wog.
                I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                JakeKnight

Congrats on the 5-K! Cool Here's to many more. Good pace, too! I'll bet that ... Tight lipped
                  Well, heck, I think that deserves a WOOT! Cool Lynn B
                  Nothing deserves a woot. That's just wrong. Evil grin Evil grin

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

Congrats on the milestone (so to speak)!
                    My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                    Scout7

Wouldn't that be kilometerstone?
                        Wouldn't that be kilometerstone?
                        Fair enough
                        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                          Well... although we measure everything metric here in Belgium, we still speak about 'mijlpalen' (milestones) Wink

Running in Belgium
                          Ann