The Saturday 11/24/2012 between 9:00 and 11:00EST thread (Read 461 times)

L Train

I'm L Train. 

I did stuff today.

It's in my log. 

I'll probably do stuff tomorrow, too. 

OMMFG!!!!! HELOOOOOO TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Doc, my tooth hurts

I ran 8 miles. Big fucking deal.

L Train

Hi Gville!!! (waves).  What did you do today?!

And extendedsolo, that's great; keep up the good work!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Holy crap, I really did laugh!

steph  

bhearn

I ate a bagel. Oh, wait, I'm on the west coast -- after 11:00 EST. Oops.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have gravy in my lungs.  Also it is 12:03 EST here.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Since today is my Thanksgiving, I just put the bacon-wrapped turkey on the BGE.

MTA Darn, I missed the 11:00EST thread. Guess I'll have to start a 11:01 to 13:00 one.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Since today is my Thanksgiving, I just put the bacon-wrapped turkey on the BGE.

It will seriously make for the best gravy you've ever tasted!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ran a little over 10 miles with my Dad, starting right about then, since I'm up in Michigan visiting for the holidays.  It was ball-shrinking cold out by the river.  Damned wind.  Damned not packing "special underwear."

Oh, and I ate about 5 eggs, a ton of sausage, and four pieces of toast. 

"Race goal weight" = impossible when Mom is cooking.  Not that I'm complaining.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                      Emil Zatopek

L Train

Great job rgilbert, 10 miles, wow that's awesome!

Perfesser, zoom-zoom and bhearn, it's OK to post your accomplishments here - it's all about the effort!  But you can start new threads if you think that would be better!  LOL. Big grin

Great job rgilbert, 10 miles, wow that's awesome!

Perfesser, zoom-zoom and bhearn, it's OK to post your accomplishments here - it's all about the effort!  But you can start new threads if you think that would be better!  LOL. Big grin

I have never ran 10 miles today before, so it is an accomplishment I am super proud of.  I hope to someday run 11 miles today.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                          Emil Zatopek

L Train

Maybe tomorrow!

Date ▼ActivityCourseTypeDistanceDurationPace 
                              11/24/2012 Bike

Y

Default 22.9 mi 1:00:00 2:38
                              11/24/2012 Run

Y

Easy 7.1 mi 1:00:00 8:26

what did you go to spin class or something?

Hi I'm Mike and today was the first time I could run down hill without crying since last Sunday at around 10am.

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

Hi Mike!  That is so super awesome that you were done running last Sunday at 10am!  Super fast!  Or were you crying from 10 am on.  That is so sad.  Someone should pay for that.  I wonder who?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7