Plantar fasciitis (Read 2599 times)

Dumb wife

+1 --- actually I thought it meant Damn Wife

Champions are made when no one is watching

Stopping the running won't help.

Why? I know that continuing to run does not aggravate some injuries, but it certainly seems to aggravate PF (for most people). 

I get that strengthening feet will help keep PF away, but don't you need to get rid of it first? Not running for nearly 3 weeks was the only way I could (mostly) get it to calm down. When it was at its worst, there was no way I could have continued to run on it.

Sincerely,

Dead Horse Beater

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I get that strengthening feet will help keep PF away, but don't you need to get rid of it first?

Nope.

Not running for nearly 3 weeks was the only way I could (mostly) get it to calm down.

How do you know?

Why is it sideways?

Had a bad case of PF Sunday morning after my marathon.  I ran 2 miles totally bare of foot.  PF went away.  YMMV.

This was the post where you lost all credibility on this thread.

I don't want to get into one of the famous Trent Q &A Events. I was just wondering why you think time off from running won't help PF. It appeared to help me, but I could be wrong. Shocking, I know.

I've run through a lot of injuries, but I couldn't I couldn't through that one. When I stopped, it went away. It may come back. That's all I've got.

"run" "2" "eat"

i tried running through a stress fracture once. that didn't work, either.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

I tried running through a glass door once back in the 80s.

Unsuccessful.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Lotta people on this thread talk of how their time off did not help.  Tanya, is your anecdote somehow more valuable than theirs?

"run" "2" "eat"

of course, ternt -- it is more valuable to tonya.

durr.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This was the post where you lost all credibility on this thread.

Why?  I never stated causality, but rather just relayed my anecdote just as others have relayed theirs.  There is sadly little data out there, so we must rely on biologically plausible explanations and a preponderance of anecdotes, if anything.

"run" "2" "eat"

i had a preponderance of anecdotes for lunch.

*burp*

so. full.

Lotta people on this thread talk of how their time off did not help.  Tanya, is your anecdote somehow more valuable than theirs?

What?

Good grief. I was just asking a question. I thought you may know something specific about why taking time off is not helpful with this particular injury.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh, sorry Tanya. Jeff has just gotten me cranky with his attempts at an ad hominem argument.  Deal is, for PF, there is really no science, but a load of anecdotes. If one thing does not work, try something different.  That said, there are several biologically plausible proposed mechanisms for what causes and cures PF, and there are excellent models with other orthopedic overuse injuries.  Typically, other than for bone fractures, time off does not solve the problem.

Thanks. I have had non-bone-related injuries that have gone away as a result of taking a break (GROIN!), though techincally the problem may not have been solved.  In any event, I always prefer hearing that taking a break from running won't help.

In conclusion, running's stupid.

"run" "2" "eat"

taking a break from puking up pumpkin seeds would help.

anecdotally speaking, of course.