19 wks pregnant and 400 miles! - UPDATE- 875 miles during pregnancy (Read 2934 times)

Congrats! I'm truly impressed. Perhaps a bike ride would be in order since you are taking a little break from running. It's not really exercise, you know!

Congratulations!  I'm glad the delivery went so well!  Enjoy your baby and take millions of photos. You can never take enough.

So happy for you, Kimberly and Sloane!  Smile

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

Needs more cowbell!

Congrats! I'm truly impressed. Perhaps a bike ride would be in order since you are taking a little break from running. It's not really exercise, you know!

Umm...you're kidding, right? Shocked You know where the babies come out for 2/3 of births in the US (I hope)...? Tongue  Running sounds preferable. 

Kirsten - aka "Auntie Kirsten"

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

I look my best blurry!

OMG! Too funny! She got you Chris!

Umm...you're kidding, right? Shocked You know where the babies come out for 2/3 of births in the US (I hope)...? Tongue  Running sounds preferable. 

Blush

Do they make large donut style seats for road bikes? Months ago I had the great idea that I could ride my bike on the trainer to lose the baby weight...instantly I realized how bad of an idea that was!

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Do they make large donut style seats for road bikes? Months ago I had the great idea that I could ride my bike on the trainer to lose the baby weight...instantly I realized how bad of an idea that was!

They make all sorts of crazy stuff. Search for "noseless saddle."

I ended up hitting about 875 miles running & about 250 on my bike throughout my pregnancy. The baby apparently likes it because I'm overdue and being induced tomorrow. I put in my last 5 miles on my official due date yesterday & a 29:36 5k at 38.5 weeks. I'm officially done bragging on myself!

Congrats!!  

If you had run a marathon like this woman you might not have needed to be induced though.   Cool  

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson