Ick...aka why I am not running this weekend... (Read 677 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Today: Periods of snow showers with widespread blowing snow. Steady temperature around 11. Wind chill values between -8 and -13. Windy, with a west northwest wind between 25 and 31 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. Sunday: Snow showers likely with areas of blowing snow. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 6. Wind chill values between -15 and -20. Blustery, with a west northwest wind between 20 and 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible. ~~~~~ That groundhog better have been right! I like doing my weight workouts, but I'd much rather be running...looks like Monday might not be a good day for a run, either: Monday: Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 9. Blustery, with a northwest wind 25 to 28 mph decreasing to between 16 and 19 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

With the mild winter we've been having here in Central Mass I'd probably go out & run on at least one of those days. Of course that's easy for me to say because I haven't been pummeled by the weather like your part of the country. After 3 days in a row of that kind of forecast I'd be thinking Donner Party.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, we had had a mild winter until the last couple of weeks--now Mother Nature seems to be making up for lost time. Tongue We had been invited to a Super Bowl party an hour+ away, but I think we are going to stay home unless the forecast changes. Driving back in that stuff after dark is just too risky. k

~ Sarah Kay

runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

I totally understand the weather. It is not supposed to get up above 0 air temp till like wed- or thur. So its on the dreadmill for me.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Get out and run. excuses are for ninnies. Evil grin
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

<-- ninny :p k ninny="" :p=""></-- ninny :p k>

~ Sarah Kay

dillydoodles

I hear ya Kirsten. SNOW SQUALLS ACCOMPANIED BY STRONG WINDS WILL DEVELOP NEAR EASTERN LAKE ERIE AND EASTERN LAKE ONTARIO. SNOW SQUALLS OFF THE UPPER GREAT LAKES WILL CONTINUE. THIS IS A WARNING THAT SNOWSQUALLS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. Today Snow squall warning in effect. Flurries and local snow squalls. Local amount 10 cm. Blowing snow late this afternoon. Wind west 50 km/h gusting to 70 km/h this afternoon. High minus 10. Wind chill minus 25. Tonight Snow squall warning in effect. Flurries and blowing snow continuing this evening then cloudy with 60% chance of flurries overnight. Wind west 50 km/h gusting to 70 km/h this evening. Low minus 15. Wind chill minus 25. That's why I say, "TG4TMs" (at least in the winter). I was outside around Noon and in just a few minutes I got a really painful "icecream headache". I'm a wimpy Ninny (and grateful for my TM), LOL! Stay warm. ~ Arlene
                  Man you guys have some brutal conditions
                  "You can have a victory without winning" Please Read my eBlog http://wherearethespiders.blogspot.com/
                    This weather is terrible right now ... so so cold! I'm running indoors until at least Wednesday when they say it'll get warmer. It's midday right now and the mercury's sitting at -1F with windchill -18F! Shocked
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Brad, I LOVE your profile pic! I need to show that to my little brother...the family trombonist! Big grin Your temps and wind chill is a carbon copy of what we have on this side of the lake. The only ones happy are the ice-fisher folks, as they finally can get their shanties out. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Cold this morning 8F with minus wind-chills Our training group ran in town and our course for the most part let the homes protect us from the wind. Tomorrow is forecast to be worse!! And yes mother nature is balancing the books. Dec here was warmer than July in Nome Alaska wne I was there in 2001. Soemthing wrong with that.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You know it's dangerously cold when this many churches in the Bible Belt of the Midwest have cancelled Sunday services! k

~ Sarah Kay

Now I'm embarrassed! I should have read this before I complained about the sunny 47 degree start line this morning. Tongue That sounds fun...for everyonce in a great while. but not all winter... Dead

Jennifer mm#1231

Now that was a bath...

Whoooooaaaaaa, That's frosty! Make's me eternally grateful for this backward country's backward's weather. Forecast 77F and sunny with cloudy spells. Even in winter it rarely goes below 50F. We almost never get minus numbers in centigrade let alone farenheit! I am shivering for you. Keep warm my American friends and all the rest of you that are in the middle of winter too! Claire xxx
                            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Guess I won't be running tommorrow, either. My son's school is already closed, as are almost all schools in this area. It's so dangerously cold (mostly because of the wind chill factor) and the roadways are in terrible condition. Salt isn't even keeping the ice off the roads and there have been some really bad accidents this weekend. k

~ Sarah Kay