Running as art.. (Read 662 times)

I run for Fried Chicken!

Lane

I think of each race as a painting. Except you paint with pain, sweat, and effort instead of blue, yellow, and red. I don't think what they're doing is art though.

Queen of 3rd Place

From the same article: "Creed, 40, won the Turner Prize in 2001 with Work No 227: The Lights going on and off. His previous installations include a piece of Blu-tack stuck to a wall." Damn. I'm in the wrong business. Arla

Ex runner

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Reminds me of the scene in LA Story where Steve Martin rollerskated through the art museum. "She calls it performance art; I call it wasting time"
            I think of each race as a painting. Except you paint with pain, sweat, effort farts, belches and snotrockets instead of blue, yellow, and red.
            Fixed it for ya.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

There is something very beautiful about how the body moves while running. It is what our bodies where designed for. It is the moment that form and function meet. Very artistic if you ask me. Besides there is no goodl opportunity to really admire people running. You would get very weird reactions if you went to the park for the sole purpose of staring at all the runners. This allows you to enjoy the beauty of running in a social acceptable setting.
                You would get very weird reactions if you went to the park for the sole purpose of staring at all the runners.
                That's why I run races, I just think of the entry fee as a cover charge.

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

seeEricaRun

Awesome

You would get very weird reactions if you went to the park for the sole purpose of staring at all the runners.
                  You could just invest in some mirrored sunglasses.