Why is everyone so afraid of carbs? (Read 299 times)

bhearn

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Fuck that.

Yeah,  I gave it a shot and it was no fun at all.

steph  

BTW, I love carbs

+1

BTW, I first read this thread as "Why is everyone so afraid of crabs?". If this was in a certain user group, there would be a spoof thread.

Dave

dirtroadrunner

I'm getting ready to enjoy some "no bake cookies" I'm going to be in  heaven!

And BTW I am afraid of crabs-- freaky critters or disease either one. 

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

I'm afraid of piranhas (and other fish that aren't as overtly threatening as sharks but will just nibble off little BITS of you).

Not at all afraid of pasta.  http://francinesegan.com/pastamodern.html

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Hip Redux

This is a really good video on why the paleo diet is just dumb (the concept). Eat what you want I don't care, but no matter what you're eating it ain't what our paleo ancestors ate; if you want to eat that stuff then you better become a hunter/gatherer of your own food.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMOjVYgYaG8

Wait, you mean cavemen didn't eat "paleo banana bread"?

xhristopher

Who is "everybody" and why am I not included? Am I not somebody.

GinnyinPA

I'm not afraid of carbs.  I love carbs.  Lots of carbs.  However, I lose weight more easily when I limit them.  Eating protein fills me up better than eating grains, and avoiding sugar as much as possible is easier if I don't eat sugar at all.

Hip Redux

This showed up in my FB feed today:  How Calories Work