"I admire your dedication!" (Read 1272 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is what a middle-aged guy in a Jeep said to me about a half mile before I finished today's utterly shiteous run (in howling winds and 6" or so of sticky, frozen cement for snow). Today may just have been the worst conditions I've ever run in. But his words of encouragement left me with a smile for the last 5 minutes or so of my run. Smile The rest of the people I saw out driving in this nonsense looked at me like I was nucking futs. I'm thinking their assessment may have been spot-on. Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

De-slacking in progress

This is what a middle-aged guy in a Jeep said to me about a half mile before I finished today's utterly shiteous run (in howling winds and 6" or so of sticky, frozen cement for snow). Today may just have been the worst conditions I've ever run in. But his words of encouragement left me with a smile for the last 5 minutes or so of my run. Smile The rest of the people I saw out driving in this nonsense looked at me like I was nucking futs. I'm thinking their assessment may have been spot-on. Blush
      We already know that the people driving the cars were CORRECT. I've read your posts over the last year Big grin

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

mikeymike

"I admire your dedication" is just code for "you're nucking futs."

Runners run

xor

I thought it was code for "nice ass."

an amazing likeness

I admire your dedication. There will many folks at your next race who wimped out and this is why you'll wup 'em.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Running Dad

Dedication? I'm sorry.. it takes balls to run in snow.. something I would never do.. So Zoom..I admire your balls.. that doesn't sound right though.. dehydration getting to me.. just got through with another workout...
              Things to do this year:
              Not get an injury
              Things done this year:
              Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's what I thought, too, so I grinned and said thanks, but inside I was chuckling. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I thought it was code for "nice ass."
                  Could have been...I was wearing tights. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I admire your dedication. There will many folks at your next race who wimped out and this is why you'll wup 'em.
                    Yeah...except for those bastards who run half the miles I do and are STILL faster than me. AngryNo

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah...except for those bastards who run half the miles I do and are STILL faster than me. AngryNo
                      There will always be faster runners...and since I noticed that you have never finished last in a race, I'd be willing to bet there are more than a few runners wishing they could zoom like you do Smile I'm channeling summer thoughts for ya Tongue

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

well, I admire your dedication! after yesterday's run in the mountains, I'm even more impressed with those who run in the snow. There wasn't a ton but the few miles of it we did run in was pretty hard. The worst was the mucky muck of melting snow on the muddy trail. I almost lost my shoes several times. Mad props, girl!, it ain't easy! Cool

Jennifer mm#1231

I'd rather do the snow than the heat. I just hate the wind - 30 MPH wind last night. I would rather have 0 degrees and a dead calm than 26 and windy like yesterday. Come July when the 90 degree days with humidity get strung together I get a lot of use out of my treadmill. You can always put more clothes on.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd rather do the snow than the heat. I just hate the wind - 30 MPH wind last night. I would rather have 0 degrees and a dead calm than 26 and windy like yesterday. Come July when the 90 degree days with humidity get strung together I get a lot of use out of my treadmill. You can always put more clothes on.
                            Yep. Cold doesn't bother me so much until we start adding tons of wind and snow. Then I start thinking that maybe heat isn't so bad. It's a wash, I think. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay