Who Wears Their Shoes Out Quicker? (Read 254 times)

TripleBock

I pick - None of the above.  I would pick runners with an bad stride or inefficient stride.  I am a heavy runner and haphazardly throw away shoes @ 600 miles although I am not sure why ... they still have enough tread.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

I'm a supinator (underpronator) and by 300 miles all my shoes are worn out. My current favorite type of shoe lasts about 200. And when I say wear out, I mean that the outside sole right at the widest point of my foot is essentially gone, right down to the nylon. I'm also not super light, about 175.

Feeling the growl again

I pick - None of the above.  I would pick runners with an bad stride or inefficient stride. 

This.  I know a guy whose shoes, at 200 miles, look like someone took a knife to the ball of the foot and cut it off.  Worn right through the sole.  Awful form.

Yet, back in the day, he was a 1:52 800m guy so form isn't everything.  Just expensive in shoes.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills