Forbidden fruit (Read 621 times)

Runner

http://www.westonaprice.org/ For any readers who are interested in this issue further this link will get you to a lot of information.

2010 Races: Snicker's Marathon(2:58:38), Scenic City Trail Marathon(3:26:36), Laurel Highlands Ultra 77(19:13:44), Ironman Louisville(13:07:07) 2011 Races: Mount Cheaha 50k 5:22:47, Tobacco Road Marathon, Mohican 100 Miler

Big Chicken!

Just what the gov't needs to be doing, making it more difficult to get fresh fruits and veggies to the market. Angry Let's drive the cost up even more. Our overweight nation needs another excuse to buy processed stuff in a box for dinner, in turn driving up medical costs, and on and on... No wonder so much of the produce sold in the US supermarkets comes from other countries! I see strawberries from Australia and Argentina when I shop in the States. I wish I could grow my own. When we are done with this life and on to our next chapter I have every intention of growing what I use most. Hope the gov't doesn't find a way by then to stop me, or make me pay for it. Thanks for the interesting links.
      Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!

Runner

Right after they get through roasting Roger Clemons for using stereroids which is such an important issue in our country during a war time. The congress will have to make some kind of statement by having a congressional inquiry into why these rogue farmers infest the soil with wholesome goodness. Such actions cannot go unpunished.

2010 Races: Snicker's Marathon(2:58:38), Scenic City Trail Marathon(3:26:36), Laurel Highlands Ultra 77(19:13:44), Ironman Louisville(13:07:07) 2011 Races: Mount Cheaha 50k 5:22:47, Tobacco Road Marathon, Mohican 100 Miler

Just another indication that we have lost control of our Government. They respond only to those with the most cash. Just as in '06, I'm voting anti-incumbent. TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

flatland mountaineer

Here is the rule; http://www.fsa.usda.gov/FSA/newsReleases?area=newsroom&subject=landing&topic=pfs&newstype=prfactsheet&type=detail&item=pf_20030201_insup_en_dcpveg03.html Apparently the rental farm is fully based which would be unusual in my area.A farm with free acres would not be in violation. WR/FAV Planting Provisions on DCP Non-Base Acreage Planting WR/FAVs on acres that are not considered DCP base acres is not a DCP contract violation and will not result in payment reductions. This rule applies regardless of whether or not the farm or producer has a WR/FAV history. The grower did not exercise due diligence as I would hazard a guess there was land available in his area that would meet FSA criteria and allow him to continue to expand his operation if he was not too near the city. Its one of those be careful what you wish for items for a fruit and vegetable grower. This law provides some buffer of increased acres previously devoted to "program crops" switched to short term production of a particular fruit or vegetable in short supply thus negatively impacting market price for years to come. And, Yes as a dry bean grower I have personal experience with this law. It helps even out the huge market price swings that could take a small grower like the producer of record here out of business. This growers plight illustrates one of the problems with the "grow local" agriculture and that is to find land close enough to an urban market to make it fly. Your largest competior for land in the "grow local" system is not the corn/soybean grower but the land developer as "urbaniztion" takes 2 acres of farmland out of prodution every minute (source Progressive Farmer Magazine, March 2008 edition). For the record the "Food Security Act of 2002" has expired, to speculate on what is in the new bill or even if there will be a new bill is purely conjecture at this point.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III