Groin trouble - help! (Read 440 times)

I have increased my mileage a smidgeon and the last couple of runs I have noticed a "twingy" type pain in my groin. I finished a short run today and it started "twinging" again. I'm really afraid that it might be a pelvic stress fracture. Sad I did my normal post-run stretches but it's now feels achy. Can't figure out how to ice it and considering the current temps, would rather avoid that. I plan to not run for a couple of days, do some more stretches daily then try again in a couple of days. What do you guys think? What about getting on the elliptical? I'm hoping that it is just a pulled muscle / tendon and if anyone knows about proper stretches for that area, please let me know. Ruth

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

My legs are killing me

Ruth, I'm going through the same thing now. I had right groin pain after running a 10k on New Years day. Since then I've been icing it down and not running, although I have tested it on the Saturdays since. I keep getting pain at about the 1.5 mile mark. I finally decided to see a doctor on Thursday, he took xrays and everything looks good. He figures its a groin muscle strain (I figured that before I paid him $350) His advice was try to run, but only in a warm place, ie gym, if it hurts stop and apply heat to it. Today I tested it and it was ok to the 2 mile mark. It's depressing because I was really hoping for no pain but it does seem better than what it was. Tendons and muscles take time to heal. It sucks, but try resting it a couple of days and if it hurts try heat and take tylenol (sp?).