39 Days Later (Read 1156 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Whoa, Chelsea is going to rock that race!

Can't wait to cheer you guys.  There will be quite a few RA peeps there, from the sound of things.  I look forward to spectating. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

an amazing likeness

Glad to hear things are improving for both of you -- Zoom-Zoom and Mr. PH.   When you get discouraged, keep in mind that you're lucky to be able to measure in days and not months....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Feeling the growl again

Yes.

I'm so glad you have such a definitive answer after all of this!  Best of luck healing.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Another Passion

Whoa, Chelsea is going to rock that race!

Can't wait to cheer you guys.  There will be quite a few RA peeps there, from the sound of things.  I look forward to spectating. Big grin

I am really looking forward to it.  We will be staying at the Days Inn in Grand Haven.  It was like $145+ a night at the Holiday Inn in Spring Lake!  I think Chelsea will probably run with Tammy.  It will be her first long distance race.  She has never raced more than a 5k. 

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When you get discouraged, keep in mind that you're lucky to be able to measure in days and not months....

Exactly.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am really looking forward to it.  We will be staying at the Days Inn in Grand Haven.  It was like $145+ a night at the Holiday Inn in Spring Lake!  I think Chelsea will probably run with Tammy.  It will be her first long distance race.  She has never raced more than a 5k. 

Ouch...though that is a really nice place with some pretty views.  We'll have to do supper the night before the race, or something.  And Chelsea is going to do just fine.  She's a Velich.  You guys are tough! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

SMART Approach

Zoomy. Good news. Nice to get back running. The ankle will also get stronger from the load of running. You will respond quickly now. I rode the bike a few times with my recent hamstring pull and it was a nice change but I enjoy running more and how it makes me feel and the work out it gives me on less effort. For me, I just have to pound the heck out of the bike to the point of discomfort to get my HR up or above 110-115. A slow jog gets me be above 120.  I am good to go now.

You should be good to go in 6 weeks and have your running fitness back. . It is not like you were sitting around eating donuts.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You should be good to go in 6 weeks and have your running fitness back. . It is not like you were sitting around eating donuts.

That's kind of what I was figuring, too.  And you are right about it being hard to work as hard, aerobically, on the bike.  But the hours sure do pass fast pedaling.  A 4 hour bike ride is nothing.  4 hours on-foot is a LONG-ass run! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Zoomy,

Such great news!  It sure is great to be back to running, but we'll need to meet up for a bike ride eventually.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomy,

Such great news!  It sure is great to be back to running, but we'll need to meet up for a bike ride eventually.

We're doing this one:

MOST Tour.  There is also a nice century ride in Oct. that we are planning to do.

~ Sarah Kay

RunsForCake

You are back!

Congrats!

All that cycling has really helped you stay fit during your down time!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You are back!

Congrats!

All that cycling has really helped you stay fit during your down time!

Thanks!  Fit AND happy/sane. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

RunsForCake

I will raise my bottle of Totally Naked in your honor!
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I will raise my bottle of Totally Naked in your honor!

Oh, no...you can do better than that!  How 'bout Spotted Cow or Belgian Red or Uff Da? Big grin

~ Sarah Kay