USATF Outdoor Championships (Read 200 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Didn't see that one coming... Flannagan, Hasay and Erdmann...

I wasn't surprised by Hasay after her 32:06 at Palo Alto when she looked well under control. Goucher fading to 5th and Erdmann 3rd were definitely surprises.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Okay, I'd like to ask this, and it's not worth starting another thread:

Is it SOP for the stadium announcer to go on about each runner's background, the depth of the field, facts about the race, etc., while the race is being run?  I mean, color commentary about how the race is progressing, sure, but it seems like it would be a distraction to hear "the voice of god" talking about my hometown, my college intentions, and such as I was navigating the hurdles at top speed.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Fyi, I was right. I picked "Other."

Runners run

Im not sure the athletes can hear the announcer.

Is it SOP for the stadium announcer to go on about each runner's background, the depth of the field, facts about the race, etc., while the race is being run?  I mean, color commentary about how the race is progressing, sure, but it seems like it would be a distraction to hear "the voice of god" talking about my hometown, my college intentions, and such as I was navigating the hurdles at top speed.

And we run because we like it
          Through the broad bright land

They can hear and its not a distraction.

Runners run

Not that they cant hear (if you are literal). Rather they are focused on the task and don't listen. Im guessing the only voices they can hear would be their coach.

Small crowd at Drake.. this is embarrassing.

Kalsarikännit

Lagat still has it for an old man.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Lagat still has it for an old man.

he sure does! He schooled the kids.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Brenda Martinez is at it again today.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's better than the announcers inviting Rupp up to talk about video games during the race.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.