Friends cannot access my log (Read 50 times)

HermosaBoy

I have a couple of friends that tell me that they cannot access my log. When they try, it just times out without showing an error message?

They are logged into their account on here and using Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It took a long time, but your log (and a few others') came up for me.

HermosaBoy

Interesting -- my friends say that for quite some time (over a month), they wait and eventually it just times out on them?

Rob

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Interesting -- my friends say that for quite some time (over a month), they wait and eventually it just times out on them?

Indeed interesting.  It took a long time for your log to be displayed, but only a couple seconds for LedLincoln's.  Using Windows 10 and Firefox.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

HappyFeat

I just tried it and it came up for me. (using Win 10 and Firefox)

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

HermosaBoy

Just for sake of comparison, I was able to open each of your logs in <10 seconds from clicking on them. Opening my own log, it was 59 seconds.

I wonder what is different about my log?

Rob

an amazing likeness

There is something funky going on...your log takes a long time to come back from the database and build the page -- so some browsers will timeout (edge), while other browsers (firefox) seem to handle the lag -- not to say that the response time lag should be there. Another symptom is that when your log is loading, the database server(s) are so bogged down that it impacts page loads on the site.

Something's definitely not right.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

SubDood

Same when I try -- I'm using Firefox (most recent upgrade), and your log takes longer than others I've tried, and it doesn't matter whether I'm logged in or not, same long loading time for your log in particular. (I think it's all those Quenton Cassidy runs.)

rmcj001

So, looking at your logs, I'm wondering if it has something to do with the number of entries, the number of different activities, the amount of equipment and the number of sub-types of activities.  Depending on how things are stored in the DB, pawing through it might be dependent on all those factors.  You've got a couple of strikes against you, your logs go back to 2003, you've got a large number of activities - 36 by my count, you've got a ton of equipment - 6 pages and you've got a ton of sub-activities.  If the algorithm for searching maybe multiplicative, # entries x # of activities x # of courses x #  x ...You can kind of see how this might slow things down a bit.  It could be a bit better or worse depending on search algorithms.

As a comparison, LedLincoln's log goes back to 2008, he has 8 activities, only 2 pages of equipment and 9 types of runs.

Of, course, it is quite possible that there is a bit of DB corruption and your data may partially reside where there's a problem with it.

Ray

eric :)

Hi HermosaBoy,

You have over 10,000 entries (amazing!) When your summary page is loading, the database has to locate all those records. The database is getting large, which caused the database to query for the data differently. I added a new index to help the database do the query more efficiently. Your page should now load quickly again.

eric Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hi HermosaBoy,

You have over 10,000 entries (amazing!)

Yes indeed! 48000+ miles!

HermosaBoy

Hi HermosaBoy,

You have over 10,000 entries (amazing!) When your summary page is loading, the database has to locate all those records. The database is getting large, which caused the database to query for the data differently. I added a new index to help the database do the query more efficiently. Your page should now load quickly again.

eric Smile

I think I might have a running problem...

Thanks Eric!!!

Rob

HermosaBoy

You've got a couple of strikes against you, your logs go back to 2003, you've got a large number of activities - 36 by my count, you've got a ton of equipment - 6 pages and you've got a ton of sub-activities.  If the algorithm for searching maybe multiplicative, # entries x # of activities x # of courses x #  x ...You can kind of see how this might slow things down a bit.  It could be a bit better or worse depending on search algorithms.

Yeah, I am kind of a Pain in the A$$...

Rob