Yippie - longest runs (Read 636 times)

redleaf

I am on week 9 of a 13 week learn to run program. I've had to do a couple of the weeks twice. I have also managed to lose 19 pounds in the process. I am trying my best to eat well - which for me has meant, so far, cutting out all aspartame (thanks to recommendations from various health care professionals), not eating as much bread, potato chips and other various odds and sods. We've (my DH and I) been eating lots of fresh fruits and veggies, which I am very proud of. I am typing this while nursing a nice cold beer because, for the first time in my entire life, I ran for 20 minutes. Week 9 Day 1 schedule: Run 10 minutes Walk 1 minute Run 20 minutes Walk 1 minute Run 15 minutes Walk 1 minute Run 10 minutes. I was out for a total of 1 hour and 4 minutes and went 7km. I am very happy with this 'cause it means I ran outside (and not at a forced pace ala the treadmill) and kept it at a slow-ish pace as ordered by sports doc, RMT and PT! yippie. Now I need a shower.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Insert witty title here

Wow! Congrats on.. everything! I have no idea how far 7km is but I'm still impressed. Keep up the good work.

ThomasRuns Blog
      Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Another Passion

WAY.TO.GO! Keep it up!

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

We can never have too many threads like this, if you keep up the good work you'll wind up addicted like all the other crazies around here. Way to go!

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.