Stevie Ray's Portland Marathon Report (Read 428 times)

xor

I'm still about a week behind in posting reports, sorry. Here is my report for the Portland (OR) Marathon. Ennay kicked ass there and BQed. I did not, but I had fun. Many other folks from the Masters forum were also there and each completed their own levels of ass kicking in the pouring rain. You are warned that this report is actually and truly "super long", especially if you follow the link back to last year's report to get my history with this race. People like to tag their reports "super long". Believe me, those are executive summaries compared to this. So, go grab a brew ("don't cost nothing") or a hot cococa and settle in. As always, links to a ton of other race reports can be found in my schedules there.

Imminent Catastrophe

There's a masters forum? Cool.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

#artbydmcbride

Hmmm, that didn't seem so long to me. Smile You make that course sound wonderful even the part at mile 17. If I hadn't run it myself........... Big grin I can't imagine doing it so well, and in the rain too! Wow!

Runners run

Dog-Love

That was a GREAT read...had to go refill my red wine but still...I think I would like to run Portland and after readnig your report...I might sign up soon. Nice fast run for you.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Top 'O the World!

well, it would seem long...if it weren't so literarily eloquent! Wink
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
            xor

literarily eloquent. Cool!

Top 'O the World!

Wink Welcome!
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

A Saucy Wench

hee hee it is fun to read another report of the same race - different viewpoints! Big grin It was nice meeting you out there and maybe next year we will BOTH be in a faster group - I'm fairly certain I'll be doing it again. But I gotta learn to ignore the pace groups there.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7