First 10K and potential 8km (Read 34 times)

halfMyFormerSelf

I am very new to running (Started in October of 2017) so this is my first summer participating in events. The most popular event where I live is a 10 mile road race taking place on the 22nd of July. I seem to be adequately prepared, but I am a little nervous. I have been told, however, that it is a hill at the beginning followed by a gradual downhill for the rest of the way. My hill training has more than prepared me for this and my endurance is pretty good.

I've read recently about an 8 km race that is happening 2 weeks prior to the 10K, and I've been debating registering for that as well. The only difference is a 72 minute time limit. I don't anticipate that being an issue at all, but where it would be my first competitive run I am finding myself getting the jitters about signing up.

I think I will go for it, but I wanted to ask for some opinions. Were you guys terribly nervous about your first competitive runs?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You can do them both. Then you won't have any first-race jitters at the 10K. Second-race jitters aren't nearly as bad.