Teva Karnali Wraptor Sport Sandal (Read 1215 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Anyone have a pair of these? I've been thinking of getting some for hiking the local trails as well as just wearing around. Just wanted some opinions. Comfortable? They have a toe guard, which is nice for a dude who tends to stub.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Those are cool looking. I just ordered these: Kinda similar. I have a pair of decent Tevas that I got a few years back, but after washing them the nylon strapping seems to have shrunken and they aren't adjustable though the toes, so now they cut into my feet pretty badly...stupid duck feet. The Keens should be a bit more adjustable for my tootsies. I wish I could wear cheap flip-flops, but my arches really suffer without some solid support. I have learned the hard way that shoes are NOT the place where I can cut corners. But I do get what I pay for. The $$ shoes last a LOT longer, so in the end they don't usually cost any more. Hubby about died the first time I bought a pair of $100+ Dansko clogs, but I can easily get 5 years of hard wear out of each pair. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Those look pretty cool. I'll have to check those out. Hopefully I can find somewhere here where I can try on both. The one thing about the Teva that I'm kinda diggin' is that it's designed to drain through the midsole when it gets wet, which seems really cool. Obviously, comfort (and support, like you said) is most important.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The one thing about the Teva that I'm kinda diggin' is that it's designed to drain through the midsole when it gets wet, which seems really cool. Obviously, comfort (and support, like you said) is most important.
          Oh, that is cool! I am so not a girly-girl in some respects (forget for a moment that I wore an orange and pink skirt in a 25k race). I don't get the whole $100+ for a pair of fancy high heels, but I'll spend that much in a heartbeat for orthopedically-friendly clogs or sandals. Maybe if I had "normal" feet I could spend dough like that on "sexy" shoes, but I don't have "sexy" feet, so I go for practicality and comfort. k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I don't get the whole $100+ for a pair of fancy high heels, but I'll spend that much in a heartbeat for orthopedically-friendly clogs or sandals.
            Makes perfect sense to me. Why spend $$$ to abuse your feet when you can pamper them instead!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Makes perfect sense to me. Why spend $$$ to abuse your feet when you can pamper them instead!
              Right! And just ask Eryn what wearing heels has done for her running. She is now in physical therapy and spending time with a chiropractor thanks to a few months of wearing heels while on her feet working in a bank. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jeff...I got my Keens. Haven't worn them out and about, yet, but I have them on now and my first impression is HEAVEN! I don't know about the men's, but the women's are supposed to run a bit small, so I went with 8.5 instead of 8. I generally wear a 7.5-8 wide. These are just a teeny bit long, maybe, but the width is perfect. LOVE them so far. Soft, supportive, lightweight, adjustable. Mine are the Venice H2 model. Machine washable, too. k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

LOVE them so far. Soft, supportive, lightweight, adjustable. Mine are the Venice H2 model. Machine washable, too.
                  Glad you like them. That's the model I'm considering, too. I found a local retailer that sells 'em so I hope to try some on this weekend. Unfortunately, no one in town has the Teva I'm considering, so if I love the Keen, I'll probably get that. If there's any meh, I may go with ordering the Teva online.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If there's any meh, I may go with ordering the Teva online.
                    That's a pretty good way to look at it. I think you will like them, though. My feet are pretty difficult to fit and these work well. I think they would fit a real wide variety of foot types, since they are sort of stretchy and flexible. k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

stupid duck feet
                      BTW, don't be so hard on your feet. My dad's flat feet kept him out of Vietnam -- I probably have those waddlers to thank for my very existence! Shy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, flat feet were one of the criteria that saved a person from the draft? I had no idea! My dad was drafted to Germany. He often joked that had he been drafted to 'Nam that we would have been born Canadian citizens (my dad was always very against the US involvement there)...then the bozo went and voted for Bush--twice.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Wow, flat feet were one of the criteria that saved a person from the draft?
                          Something to do with not being able to march/patrol long distances. Not so much an issue with today's footwear, I imagine. As for the Bush vote, my parents know: a) don't call me within 48 hours of a Michigan loss in football b) if they voted for Bush, they'd better lie about it to me.

Prophet!

tevas make your feet stinky...but not as bad as birkenstocks...
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

As for the Bush vote, my parents know: a) don't call me within 48 hours of a Michigan loss in football b) if they voted for Bush, they'd better lie about it to me.
                              Ha! For YEARS my parents got on me about my political views...completely bugged me about voting for Clinton both times (god, I miss that guy...). They tend to vote conservative, even though they have no good reason to (they are mostly pro-choice, pro-separation of church and state, evolutionists, and blue collar). Then they would pick on my younger siblings as they got older and old enough to vote (brother is Libertarian, sister is mostly Dem and dating a guy who's pretty far left, too). Now my mom will openly admit that she wishes she hadn't voted for Bush, especially the second time. Dad no longer wants to talk politics, which is as good as admitting he's wrong in our family. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

tevas make your feet stinky...but not as bad as birkenstocks...
                                That they do--and I found the hard way that washing them makes the webbing shrink. Unfortunately my Tevas are a style that doesn't have adjustable straps across the ball of the foot, so they are a bit too snug if I'm at all bloated or at the end of the day. Even if these Keens shrink there will still be tons of room for my toes. k

~ Sarah Kay