2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

brew- yeah the 5k is ~10 days out from CIM, which is honestly fine, it'll be a good tuneup/muscle tension thing. standings are here, but 2 of the women above me are 40+ so they won't count in the final rankings (they just compute points tallying everyone). so I'm in 9th. and this Thanksgiving race is pretty poorly attended, because a) holiday/travel, b) it is actually an elite/pro heat so not many people "like me" show up, and c) some people i'd be worried about pushing me down the list will be training for CIM or Oly Trials so they'd be less inclined to race an intimidating 5k. this far in with the accumulation of points, a single race makes less of a difference.

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

Running Problem

Problem Child

5K before CIM....gurl you CRA-zeee. I won't even race a Turkey Trot that close to CIM. Mostly because I'm broke (cheap) and it is typically 35 degrees and/or snowing. Plus it's one of the few runs a year with massive crowds where the majority of people just want to casually burn 100 calories before stuffing their face with 3,000...minus the tofu.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

kcam

5K, or maybe better 10K, 10 days out from CIM is almost the perfect tuneup race.  Race it all out and grab some points and the Comp for next year!

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

5K, or maybe better 10K, 10 days out from CIM is almost the perfect tuneup race.  Race it all out and grab some points and the Comp for next year!

exactly! that's the goal. just hoping to not get lapped by the pros!

pepperjack

pie man

I’m up to 51 on the cuyamaca wait list.  Might have to actually do the thing.

the fun run that max had me sign up for is the next week.  I’m like 3 on that list.  Should be an easy 25 after the other one...

11:11 3,000 (recent)

Running Problem

Problem Child

I’m up to 51 on the cuyamaca wait list.  Might have to actually do the thing.

the fun run that max had me sign up for is the next week.  I’m like 3 on that list.  Should be an easy 25 after the other one...

Check again Mr. Marsters. Looks like a local runner just got in. She's kind of a badass too.

Don't listen to Max. He has horrible ideas. He tells me I should do a 100 or something like that. I just might seek revenge for all the times he's almost killed me and tell require him to do it with me. #TahoeRimTrail

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

pepperjack

pie man

People only get 24 hours to accept the spot, so it’ll go down by 2 when it moves.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Ah, well maybe you'll be lucky enough and those two will pass. I haven't seen the local girl post anything on Strava about getting in, but she trains all the time and I think she was injured last year.

Any danger from the Shasta fire? Might they send you that direction for work?

VDOT 53.37 

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

I had to look up Cuyamaca. Moving up 16 spots in just 3 days is pretty big. Good luck, PJ!

I'm now strongly considering running the Dallas Marathon on Dec. 15. I think I'm just getting a bit antsy and wanting to make use of my building fitness. As a bonus, about 10 miles of the marathon is around the same lake my goal HM is so I'll have a bit of course familiarity, even if the two races do go in opposite directions around the lake. There are some local people who have run it before so I'll ask around at the group run tomorrow, but has anyone here run it before and have some insights?

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

kcam

I'll be there cheering you on.  I'm signed up for the 10K, hopefully the timing allows me time to spectate the two elite 5Ks.

PJ, hope you get in the race.  It sounds fun ... for you! 🙂

Running Problem

Problem Child

#nikeshoestest #justdoit

PJ either they didn't update it, or you're actually moving up the list more. I think the local girl declined her entry.

VDOT 53.37 

pepperjack

pie man

If I get in I have to figure out how to pay for it.

They give out the wine before the race here. Bad juju.

I’m not going to be working a fire for a little while.  As they said to me yesterday fire fighters aren’t even fighting fire right now (excluding Alaska).

edit: I did Dallas when it was still called white rock. I liked it a lot, really no hills (the ‘Dolly Parton’.hills aren’t much).  It was cold and rainy, which was prefect for me. Locals seemed to think it was the apocalypse.  It did get cancelled once for ice, but that was legit (despite what letsrun seems to think).

Running Problem

Problem Child

Good luck this weekend PJ. That beer you’re looking for is kind of rare, but I think you have something amazing going on right now.

VDOT 53.37 

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

good luck PJ!!

pepperjack

pie man

Work tomorrow is going to be interesting. Ouch.