Sub-3:30 Marathon in 2012 Goal Thread (Read 4592 times)

oh you went all uppercase on me.  3:54.

And there's still time this year to get my sub-3:30, but it's tough with an ultra planned already and summer upon us.  May have to travel for this next one also. 

northernman

Fight The Future

Is it too late to jump in? Aiming for a 3:30:00 exactly (well, 3:29:59), on May 12. I don't actually think it can happen, but that's my goal.  I'm down about 12 pounds from last race. Maybe that will be the key? So far, training is going OK with no major injuries, just some soreness in the left foot arch. Hoping that will magically go away.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It would kind of stink to get 3:30 exactly, since this thread is titled Sub-3:30.

northernman, which race?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

northernman

Fight The Future

northernman, which race?

Oops, Lake Wobegone Trail 

My next race is a 50mi in October, which I'm purely inspired to do because apparently only 2% of runners do an ultra.  This puts me starting next week (Saturday run of 12mi).  This puts me out of the running for a 3:30 this year, because obviously my training for an ultra will be completely different than for a 3:30.  I'm going to shoot for my overarching goal of a 3:20, but it will be next year.  And then I can stop running  :-)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Race report: everyone who can, should run boston, it was wild, the crowds were wild, incredible experience, worth every cent

+2. Congrats to all. I went in knowing not finishing was a real possilbilty.(knee issue) Dropped the 3:30 training around Jan for 100 training.Now, the goal is an  offical 50 mlier( 12h and 24 hr in the books). 5:01:19 PW. Still rejoicing.

< 3:30 in 2013.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

, because obviously my training for an ultra will be completely different than for a 3:30.  

+1  As much as I wanted to shoot for a sub 3:30 I'm going to a have to defer to either a fall marathon or next year. I had a great training phase for my 50 and a great race however  I'm past my peak plus I've got health issue's I have to get under control to even think about 3:40 let alone 3:30

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

When is your 100 Clay? Mine is in July. Course now I'm thinking of a 12 hour race in September and another 100 in October

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

When is your 100 Clay? Mine is in July. Course now I'm thinking of a 12 hour race in September and another 100 in October

Bratram 100m/100k in December. Need to make a doctor's appt. for the knee first. Pretty sure I plan to kept running no matter the diagnose.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Success!

Managed to push through some thoughts about giving up and walking after I saw a whole bunch of other people doing it at mile 17 or so and managed to hit the mark!  Report above, not sure I will do another of these any time soon, if ever, but enjoyed the training and the weekend.

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

Julia1971

Success!

Managed to push through some thoughts about giving up and walking after I saw a whole bunch of other people doing it at mile 17 or so and managed to hit the mark!  Report above, not sure I will do another of these any time soon, if ever, but enjoyed the training and the weekend.

Finally some Pomp and Circumstance playing up in here!  Congratulations!

hairshirt knitter

Success!

Yay! Very well done - looks like you ran that just about perfectly - great splits. I'm just settling down to watch the coverage on iPlayer, I'll keep an eye out for you!

Thanks folks, let's hope I started a streak! Smile

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

nicely done!