*sniff* They laughed at me... (Read 1586 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I started laughing at the thought of all those guys in red spandex bike shorts that you(?) posted years ago. Why men wear black bike shorts. Maybe someone else sent me the link but it was hugely funny!
    Yep, I know the photo you're thinking of...I think it was a group of Italian pro cyclists...hello details! Tongue Crystal, those shoes are so cute! I wish I could wear cute shoes like those. I'd hurt myself, though. Probably good that I can wear flashy running shoes with minimal risk of "fall down go boom." Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

obiebyke

GROSS! Of course I had to look up the photo in question. Dude. Don't guys learn how to arrange themselves discretely in clothes like that? Or wear a cup or something? Tight lipped

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

to this: Oh, well...no one ever accused me of being subtle. Wink This actually aren't bad shoes for a winter runner. You would be easier to locate when you get knoced into a snowbank.
        Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I actually had an opposite reaction. After jogging, I decided to stop by the local Casey's to pick up a bottle of Cherry Coke Zero for later in the weekend. The girl behind the counter said, twice, "I don't know how you do it." When I asked what she meant, she said, "sweating in the cold." I told her that I had just been jogging, and she said, "oh I saw you, and I don't know how you do it." I felt pretty a-okay when she said that! She was very sweet and really in awe! So, for every person making those snide comments, there are probably twice as many going, "...I can't believe...I don't know how you do it....wow."

TRUST THE PROCESS

flatland mountaineer

I am more concerned with function than how I look but I am 48 and male and run in the sticks. In our local 5k I passed a couple of our small town high school girls basketball players at mile 1 and never saw them again. I am actually cool enough to say hi to now, which is something for teens. Granted these are good kids but its not uncommon for boys or girls even in a small town to snub us "old folks" during those "cool years".

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Crabby mentioned the evil gene that HS girls often have...I call them "RMGs" (really mean girls). It's puzzling -- do HS boys throw their muscle around, while HS girls throw scorn instead? Do the group dynamics encourage this unkind behavior? grrr Someone, please post a link to the aforementioned problem with Italian bicyclist guys and their shorts. Big grin
              evtish

Sounded like a good match to me Smile See my bright orange shirt and do rag I wore for my race. I got the added pleasure of embarassing the hell out of my 12 and 14 yo boys "Dad, you're so gay"...course my 9 yr old sweetheart daughter thought Daddy looked good - that's why I love her the best.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This actually aren't bad shoes for a winter runner. You would be easier to locate when you get knoced into a snowbank.
                  Ha, no joke! Especially the orange...I told DH that I look forward to the orange, though--my favorite running skirt is orange, as are my sunglasses...so I will match a little bit! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So, for every person making those snide comments, there are probably twice as many going, "...I can't believe...I don't know how you do it....wow."
                    I think you're right--though they aren't often the ones we hear from, unfortunately. Undecided

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Someone, please post a link to the aforementioned problem with Italian bicyclist guys and their shorts. Big grin
                      Heh, my bad...they're Polish, not Italian: And now we know why cycling shorts are generally dark colors! Clowning around

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

ROFLMAO Big grin Please, no polska kielbasa comments Wink Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

ROFLMAO Big grin Please, no polska kielbasa comments Wink Wink
                          Hmmm...I do loves me some kielbasa! Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Zoom-zoom, that photo is just...disturbing.

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom-zoom, that photo is just...disturbing.
                              That's putting it nicely! Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Beatin' on the Rock

Hmmm...I do loves me some kielbasa! Evil grin
                                You gotta wonder what else that one guy has in there...? Shocked
                                Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.