anyone remember the Spin Doctors? (Read 1217 times)

Ostrich runner

I saw them once probably about 16 years ago and the singer was so wasted he was forgetting his lyrics.  

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Hoodoo Guru

Spin Doctors were known for having horrible live shows.  My young daughter was an obstinate young lady when the Spin Doctors first album came out.  I used to call her "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong."  She's 21 now.  I'm not old but she is getting there.

The tangents are moot.

BeeRunB

I remember the Spin DOctors as being in that category of band of "knowing their name, but having no clue or desire to find  out what they play".  I probably heard their songs on the radio. I remember when I first heard the powerfully sung  "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana and I was driven to find out who the band was. There's THAT category, and there's the latter category. 

So, yes, I remember the SPin Doctor's name. I guess it's one of the great band names. I'll never forget it.Cool

--Jimmy

xor

Spin Doctors had two popular songs that were... pretty much the exact same song.  Didn't care about them then, don't care about them now.  Except that thinking about them makes me feel old.

Oh.

And that ain't kryptonite in my pocket.

Julia1971

Spin Doctors had two popular songs that were... pretty much the exact same song.  Didn't care about them then, don't care about them now.  Except that thinking about them makes me feel old.

Oh.

And that ain't kryptonite in my pocket.

True re the two popular songs.  But FWIW, my college pals and I also liked What Time Is It?

"What time is it?"

"4:30.  It's not late.  Nah.  Nah.  It's early.  Early.  Early."

Good times.

Edited because after listening to it, there's another Early in there.

I'm surprised that guy is still alive -- all 400lbs of him.

He said he used to eat a box of Cocoa Puffs for breakfast,  An entire box, pretty much every day.

And I just downloaded Two Princes by the Spin Doctors a couple weeks ago.  Yes, I'm officially very old but it was an interwebz download so at least I wasn't trying to order a vinyl single.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

xor

vinyl is what's in and cool!