RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

va

I'd really like to see The Namesake but i'm not sure when they'll put it out in regular theaters...seems like a great movie.
    Just saw "The Namesake"'. Wow. This is a good movie. Best I've seen in a while. Very differnt and moving.
      Just saw "The Namesake"'. Wow. This is a good movie. Best I've seen in a while. Very differnt and moving.
      I read the book and didn't know they had made it a movie - sounds like they did a good job with it. I'm going to try and see it this week.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You probably will only be able to see them at an arthouse theater or supersupermegaplex right now (funny how that works), but the two best movies I've seen this year are The Namesake and The Painted Veil. Acting and storytelling-wise, these are two movies that really take you in and don't let you go until the end credits roll. Both phenomenal. Ed Norton is ridiculously good.
        I just saw the trailer for "The Painted Veil" on the Departed DVD. I was just telling my hubby that I would REALLY like to see this film. Is it on DVD yet? Just watched "V for Vendetta" for the second time, too (saw it in the theater). Awesome film, particularly if you aren't a fan of the current US administration.... k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Just watched "V for Vendetta" for the second time, too (saw it in the theater). Awesome film, particularly if you aren't a fan of the current US administration....
          I've been looking forward to this one (the film, not the administration). But every time I'm at Blockbuster, I find myself not in the mood to watch crushing, brutal totalitarianism. Is this movie any fun at all? BTW, nice to see the fruits of your GIF-resizing. ("Everybody was kung-fu fighting...those cats were fast as lightning...) Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I've been looking forward to this one (the film, not the administration). But every time I'm at Blockbuster, I find myself not in the mood to watch crushing, brutal totalitarianism. Is this movie any fun at all?
            Gotta love digital cable with video on demand. No more trips to Blockbuster.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've been looking forward to this one (the film, not the administration). But every time I'm at Blockbuster, I find myself not in the mood to watch crushing, brutal totalitarianism. Is this movie any fun at all?
              I don't know if "fun" would be the right word, but it's not as heavy as one might think. And Hugo Weaving rocks! I've loved every character he has brought to life on screen! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

And Hugo Weaving rocks! I've loved every character he has brought to life on screen!
                He's the elf-dude and the Matrix-dude, right? Sweet!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

shyrunner07

saw The Pursuit of Happyness earlier this week....really liked it! I might wind up buying it from half.com at some point- i'd definitely watch it more than once. Smile The pacing ran a little slow in parts, but it didn't take away from the overall enjoyment of the movie. I remember being a bit cynical when i heard that Will's son was playing his son in the movie, but now i think that was a good move....it made the father/son chemistry much more believable...plus Jadyn does seem to have inherited some acting chops.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

He's the elf-dude and the Matrix-dude, right? Sweet!
                    Yup...and this "guy": He's one of my very favorite actors. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I remember being a bit cynical when i heard that Will's son was playing his son in the movie, but now i think that was a good move....it made the father/son chemistry much more believable...plus Jadyn does seem to have inherited some acting chops.
                      I have heard that same thing. We need to rent that. I love Will Smith...and "Switch" is a great running song! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Blood Diamond. Wow, excellent. I've always wondered the source of my own diamond, but now I'm particularly eager to find out where it was mined. If there is a way to do it I would like to (anyone know of a way to do this?). If I were to discover that the origins were not from a humane source I would be happy to sell it and replace it with something that wouldn't support such misery. Once again I am in love with a Leonardo DiCaprio performance. For a guy who still looks like a teenager he really has some acting chops. k

~ Sarah Kay

runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

I don't know if "fun" would be the right word, but it's not as heavy as one might think. And Hugo Weaving rocks! I've loved every character he has brought to life on screen! Smile k
                          Hugo Weaving is also going to be the voice of Megatron the Decepticon leader of the transformers. Which is the movie I am waiting for. It will bring back childhood memories Smile

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hugo Weaving is also going to be the voice of Megatron the Decepticon leader of the transformers. Which is the movie I am waiting for. It will bring back childhood memories Smile
                            No way! MORE reason to want to see that! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

Blood Diamond. Wow, excellent. I've always wondered the source of my own diamond, but now I'm particularly eager to find out where it was mined. If there is a way to do it I would like to (anyone know of a way to do this?). If I were to discover that the origins were not from a humane source I would be happy to sell it and replace it with something that wouldn't support such misery. Once again I am in love with a Leonardo DiCaprio performance. For a guy who still looks like a teenager he really has some acting chops. k
                              not sure how (or if it is possible) to trace the source of a diamond that is already owned....would the jewelry store maintain records on that? another option, if you are ever in the market for more bling, is Canadian diamonds. My friend's engagement ring came from Canada (hers is awesome, it even has a maple leaf cut deep into the stone)...not sure what business they used, i'll have to dig that link up sometime...but i did find this one on yahoo...http://www.canadadiamonds.com/ i thought blood diamond was pretty good too...went a little slow at times, but it was still definitely worth watching (unlike Babel..ugh, there's 2 hrs i won't get back!).

madness baby

Blood Diamond. Wow, excellent. I've always wondered the source of my own diamond, but now I'm particularly eager to find out where it was mined. If there is a way to do it I would like to (anyone know of a way to do this?). If I were to discover that the origins were not from a humane source I would be happy to sell it and replace it with something that wouldn't support such misery.
                                Don't look into it unless you really mean that, K! Because conflict-free diamonds (socially responsible diamonds, ethical diamonds, whatever) are priced considerably higher than what you find in the normal market, and you have to search for it. Meaning, nearly all the diamonds you see are not conflict-free. Unfortunately. Sad And neither is mine. Maybe one day.
                                deb