Drafting (Read 1194 times)

I assume that when you offered to "break the wind for her" you were speaking literally.
    I was wondering if anybody would bring up that play on words. When I passed her, I said, "Might tad windy over here, want some help?" or something to that effect. After the fact, I refer to it as offering to "break wind" for her, as it is (a) more humorous and (b) more succinct.

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I was wondering if anybody would bring up that play on words. When I passed her, I said, "Might tad windy over here, want some help?" or something to that effect. After the fact, I refer to it as offering to "break wind" for her, as it is (a) more humorous and (b) more succinct.
      I'm much too immature to let that pass. In fact, even that sentence made me smile. Assume that nothing is below me.
        I'm much too immature to let that pass. In fact, even that sentence made me smile. Assume that nothing is below me.
        Um, I'll join you in the immature crowd. I laughed and my hand hovered over the reply button, "easy joke - or let it go - what'll it be..." Thanks for taking care of it. Big grin
          This thread was a topic of conversation during my run on Sunday. I brought it up to the group I was running with and found out that several have been on both sides of drafting. This was a tactic I had never heard before. During my last race it was very windy and the one guy I ran with for the first half of the race is much taller than I am. I didn't think about it till now but he probably helped me since he did end up blocking the wind during a few stretches. I should thank him. Smile

Michelle

Bonnie, do you think the guy was not drafting, but was instead just checking you out?
            You're too much. Big grin Drafting...absolutely he was. In retrospect, a good learning experience for me.

The voice of mile 18

this would be a good time to practice your snot rockets Tongue

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy