best handhelds and/or belts (Read 837 times)

Hey Pink Bunny,

I decided to go with a fuel belt instead of a hand held.  After searching around and quizzing my running buddies, I bought a Nathan Trail Mix 2 (2 10oz bottles).  Just the right amount for me, as I don't run much longer than 2 hrs (for now Smile).  With the belt tight and positioned somewhat low on my hip area - I'm pretty happy with the performance (minimal bouncing).  The packet is nice to hold a gel or two (and a key) also.

On a typical hot  summer day in the south,the frozen bottles will be completely liquid in about 30-40 minutes, and I usually drink them soon after that point while they are cold.

I'm a guy, so as far as fit goes, YMMV

Steve

2012 Goals: 1:35-ish Half Mary ->(result 1:38:40).  Bust the sub 20 5k barrier (19:54!!!!) and whoop the 1000 mile bunny (ok, bunny, you win).

Another vote for amphipod here.

I have one of these and love it.

http://www.amphipod.com/products/hydration/bottle-waistpacks/profile-lite-series/profile-lite-32

FWIW my amphipod bottles also leak now (they are 2+ years old). For me this has nothing to do with midnight, mid-ultra, non kitchen assembly. They leak from the valve/spout/mouthpiece part regardless of how I put them together.  It's not a huge leak and is no problem when it's just water. Recently used this on a long run and the bottle which sat for 2 hours before being used probably leaked about half an ounce. Should I happen to run with gatorade/powerade it all gets a bit sticky! I am too tight to buy a replacement.

Will also say that I have not had any joy with the "full tilt" series. Mega bounce during the run and after a few months the bottle would just not stay in the holder.

2013 Goals
      1) Break 1:50 in a HM (PR 1:52:19)
      2) Break 4:00 in a Marathon (PR 4:20:39)

Rod Staples

Check out IFitness belts there great...

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Hey Pink Bunny,

I decided to go with a fuel belt instead of a hand held.  After searching around and quizzing my running buddies, I bought a Nathan Trail Mix 2 (2 10oz bottles).  Just the right amount for me, as I don't run much longer than 2 hrs (for now Smile).  With the belt tight and positioned somewhat low on my hip area - I'm pretty happy with the performance (minimal bouncing).  The packet is nice to hold a gel or two (and a key) also.

I have the Nathan Trail Mix 2 as well.  I like everything about it except the bottles.  The nipple leaks terribly, no matter how hard I try to jam it closed.  Not so bad in the Summer.  Obnoxious in the Winter.

The minimal bouncing reduces to zero when I build up enough sweat to keep the belt in the same place.

2014 Goals:  sub-3 Marathon ("Congrats! It's tough to race with poop in the mind" --Wing)

Current Status 03/17: Drinking beer and eating crap -- all the things I couldn't do before the marathon

garyspeed

spam