Does anybody know a place in Chicagoland that would replace a Garmin Forerunner battery? (Read 99 times)

I'd really just like to take it to a jeweler or somebody who understands how to replace them.   Otherwise I will just send my watch back to Garmin in exchange for another one.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I'm pretty sure the Garmin store on Michigan Ave will take them for "refurbishing".  Jewelers I've talked to in the past warn that even when they can replace a battery, the unit will lose it's water-resistance. (which in my sweaty opinion, makes it rather useless)

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Joann Y

No idea.

I'm pretty sure the Garmin store on Michigan Ave will take them for "refurbishing".  Jewelers I've talked to in the past warn that even when they can replace a battery, the unit will lose it's water-resistance. (which in my sweaty opinion, makes it rather useless)

Years ago when i thought my Garmin GPS watch was just like any other watch, I thought any place could just change the battery in it.  so I took it to a Dakota Watch store that I've used to replace the battery in my Casio watch.   An employee at the store did open my watch and tried to replace the battery in it.  That's when I learned the hard way how routine battery changes in these watches were never meant to be.

xhristopher

Go to youtube and search "replace garmin forerunner" battery, or whatever model you have. Watch the video. Perhaps you can do it yourself. My son just replaced his iPhone battery on his own. How hard can it be??

Go to youtube and search "replace garmin forerunner" battery, or whatever model you have. Watch the video. Perhaps you can do it yourself. My son just replaced his iPhone battery on his own. How hard can it be??

From what I've seen iPhone batteries are easier to replace than Garmin Forerunner batteries.    In fact I'm getting ready to change my own iPhone battery soon, it looks pretty easy.

kcam

Not in Chicago but has good reviews.  I'll probably send my old 205 to see how he does.  The 205's still a great watch but the battery life is almost nonexistent now.  If he does ok with that one I'll send him my Fr220 whose battery life recently fell off a cliff (after ~3 years) though it's still usable up to about 3 hours.

http://www.fixyourgps.com

Edit - Went ahead and shipped both of them for battery replacement.  They came back in 4 days so quick turnaround.  Both watches look as good as when I sent them.  Haven't tested out the 205 repair yet but the 220 went 8+ hours (GPS ON, HR & bluetooth OFF) before shutting down due to low battery.  Used to shut off ~3 hours.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Possibly a LRS like Dick Pond could direct you?