Time zone incorrect (Read 153 times)

ejami

I can't get my timezone to change.  I follow the directions in the FAQs and I don't have the option for "Time Offset" to change my timezone.  All of my runs are off by 16 hours so usually a day ahead.  Please help as it is really annoying to have to go in and manually change all of my run times/days.  Also, my Garmin is set for Central time zone as is my Garmin Connect app.

Thank you

an amazing likeness

The FAQ may be slightly out of date.  Timezone is now determined and stored when you login and stored in the site cookies.  Recommend you try logging out of RA, then login again to see if it self-corrects.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

T W

I got the same issue.  Very annoying.  The data/time is always 13 hours ahead.  It seems there is no way to manually change it.

T W

It seems no one takes care of it.  I just found all times are wrong.  Because I traveled in different time zones, it is difficult to manually change them.

runmichigan

My Garmin 935 automatically changes the time to conform to the time zone I am in based on the GPS positioning.  When I upload my workouts to Garmin Connect and they are then automatically transferred to RunningAhead, the time of the workout is displayed based on the time on my computer.

I would log into Garmin Connect and check any time zone settings there.  I suspect the problem you are encountering is due the data transfer to Garmin Connect and then to RunningAhead.

undue monkey

I don’t think it’s a Garmin issue. All my workout times are correct in Connect, but still appear to be on DST when they upload.

T W

I don't think it is a Garmin issue.  I also have a backup on RunKeeper while I upload data to RunningAhead.  Everything is fine on Runkeeper.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

RunningAhead asked me to choose my time zone today. So I did, to Eastern Time Zone. And now it is marking my posts as five hours later than the time I am actually posting them.

Aargh!

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

Prince of Fatness

RunningAhead asked me to choose my time zone today. So I did, to Eastern Time Zone. And now it is marking my posts as five hours later than the time I am actually posting them.

Aargh!

This just happened to me as well.

Not at it at all. 

shu_runner

I just noticed this as well.

Docket_Rocket

Mine as well and it won't let me correct it.  I save it but it goes back to a time somewhere in Europe.  Can you transport me there as well?  Thanks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The time zone is correct under Locale in Options, but it seems to have no effect on the timestamp of my posts. They show what I assume is Greenwich time, not Eastern time.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Mine as well and it won't let me correct it.  I save it but it goes back to a time somewhere in Europe.  Can you transport me there as well?  Thanks.

New Year's Eve run in Greenwich would be awesome!

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

This problem seems to be fixed.

Thanks, Eric! Happy New Year!