non-running health ? for Trent and anyone else (Read 748 times)

Nothing to do with me or running, but I'm going to ask anyway. My son is 9 and his eyes started twitching about a month ago and seems to be getting worse. Going to take hime to the doctor later this week, but any thoughts anyone has will help me understand the possible issues and help me ask better questions of the dr..maybe. A little background...Last year he had a really annoying cough. It was like a bark, loud with no other symptoms. Dr said it was a nervous thing. He didn't do it while sleeping and when we got on his case a little about it and tried to distract him to prevent him from doing it, he stopped coughing and started eye twitching. So we stopped trying to affect his coughing and let him just go back to the annoying cough. The eye twitching stopped and the coughing went on for some monthes after that. Then it just disappeared during the fall/ winter. About a month ago, the eye twitching just started up...no signs of coughing. Both eyes twitch together and it happens pretty frequently. Sometimes every minute, sometimes longer. So what are some possible causes... could it be allergies? could it be nervous twitches? Thanks for any ideas you might have. Slosh
    Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Slosh, this could be a bunch of different things. Eye twitching itself can be many different types of twitches. I would get him checked out. The best would be a peds neurologist or a neuro-opthalmologist. Good luck!

Slosh, this could be a bunch of different things. Eye twitching itself can be many different types of twitches. I would get him checked out. The best would be a peds neurologist or a neuro-opthalmologist. Good luck!
        Thanks...have to start with the pediatrician. Depending on what they say, I will mention your two suggestions.
        Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.

Ostrich runner

I got bells palsy at about that age, and it started like that (except, of course, that it was only the left eye)'

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

My son is 9 and his eyes started twitching about a month ago and seems to be getting worse.
            7 year old daughter of a couple a my church had issues with her eyes excessively blinking. I am not sure what was the solution. I can ask them later.

Vim