Inexpensive New Balance Shoes? (Read 655 times)

Ok, this post is somewhat related to JakeKnight's post: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/af90a799849841b39f6a049f518de9eb#focus What (if any) is the difference between the very inexpensive ($35-$50) New Balance running shoes that you can find at Sport Chalet, Kohls, DSW shoe warehouse, etc, and the much more expensive NB shoes that you find at the specialty running stores? And, what is the difference in the shoe itself between even the high end NB shoes that makes such a cost difference? For example, the NB 768 Stability trainer costs $94.99 and the NB 1221 Stability Trainer costs $134.99. You read the description of these shoes, and they seem almost identical. What is the deal here? Why would anyone buy the 1221? (prices from www.nbwebexpress.com)
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've worn both the NB 1222 and 767...the difference between the 1220 series and 760 series shoes are more stability and more cushion in the 1220 series vs. the 760 series. A lot of times this is where you will find price differences. Often a shoe with more features will cost more, as well as a lighter-weight shoe that still has added stability, cushion, etc. With NB (and pretty much any company, for that matter) you will pay more for each added feature...ie N-lock or speed laces vs. standard eyelet lacing. I have found that some features are worth paying for (I really like shoes with the N-Lock design, since I have had a few shoes that aren't snug enough through my midfoot/arch area), but a lot of it is a personal thing. If a particular feature doesn't benefit you and there is a comparable, cheaper shoe without that feature, then it makes sense to spend less.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay