Men wearing womens running trainners (Read 1520 times)

jayskydee

I have wii sports etc and fit plus, they are teaching me new and different exercises to do and does any one on here swear by cross training? Such as different activities from running? (this is not the main question).

I also buy women's trainers as mens are too long for me and my ankles are very narrow and I overprotonate and I have a high instep (all more femine quality of feet). I have two pairs of Gel 1160 trainers, one of which looks and feels better than the other. The better pair is lighter and narower and is a 6 but is same size as the 5.5 I have in the lesser gel 1160 trainer.

I have a pair of gel foundation 10 trainers and another Asics trainers (which are better than one of the 1160 trainers but on par or slightly inferior to the second 1160 Gel trainers). I have neutral Nike trainers which hurt my shins so I only wear em for fashion now.

What is a better pair of trainers the Gel 1160 or the Gel Foundation 10 trainers (both same price on Asics website) ? Is Kano trainers much better than all of my trainers and is my gear ok for a beginner? And what this nonsense about Making shoes taller for women to support their heels more, as far as I am concerned if that is a good idea for womens ankles then its a good idea for male ankles to. I know that men tend to have a lower ball to heel ratio but my ratio is closer to the sterotypical women than male's ratio, although

I AM sure I don't experience periodic shifts in the flatness of my arch,lol. Incidently my arches are neutral to slightly high, how can I be a severe overprotonator? 

And why did the guy in the shop tell me to sacrifice stability for cushioning for longer runs?  Dunno I see no reason why a trainer designed for a women's foot wouldn't be right up my ally as my lower weight is atypical of the weight of a taller and bulkier (As in arm's etc) average male. 

Ps what differences are there between male and female feet, I hear women overprotonate more cause of their wide hips but on account of men's shoes being too long, my ankles being narrow  and my overprotonation being rated as just in the most severe category aren't women's trainer's actually perfect for my feet? IF there is a history of Achilies problem for runners in my family wouldn't a womens Gel 3200 asics be just down my ally as the extra height is meant to provide additional protection and support. 

Final Ps I am 7st 12 and trying to gain weight, I am 5 ft 3.5 and male. Size 5.5 or sometimes a 6 in women's trainers. Definately too small feet for the men's range. I may even be a 5 in women's shoes if the brand is "big" coz I am a 5 at bowling.

jayskydee

Meant to say I know SOME of the differences, I just don't get why taller shoes is just a benefit for women's ankles and if the "women speciifc trussic system" actually makes any odds and if it does could it even suit my feet more than traditional gender neutral shoes?

Welcome back, jayskydee.  I imagine you are pretty frustrated that nobody has answered your question yet, but it may be that nobody knows anything about running here--as you suspected last time:

I will go to runners world where people actually know fuck all about running compared to here.

Pity thing's didn't work out for you at runners world, but at least you are back and we can look forward to nuggets of goodness like this:

ur a bastard thanks to u I just dropped my tooth brush. If you aint gonna answer me:FUCK OFF>

Happy New Year!

Runners run

Surely there's only one poster qualified enough to answer these questions....sport jester.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

jules2

MIkey, thank you for those gems, The first one is a lesson to us all that if you put a f**k in the wrong place it can completely alter the message you are trying to get across

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

MoBramExam

Your issue is obiviously not about narrow ankles, overprotonate (sic), and trainers.  Sounds more like a problem due narrow waist and wider hips.  Why not try a running skirt??

BTW -- I'll save you some time typing..."F'Off, Mobram!"

L Train

Welcome back, jayskydee.  I imagine you are pretty frustrated that nobody has answered your question yet, but it may be that nobody knows anything about running here--as you suspected last time:

Pity thing's didn't work out for you at runners world, but at least you are back and we can look forward to nuggets of goodness like this:

Happy New Year!

pwned.

I'm a woman with cankles, so I'm wondering if I should wear mens trainers? 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

L Train

I'm a woman with cankles, so I'm wondering if I should wear mens trainers? 

As long as that's all you're wearing, I'm voting "yes". 

Well, at the moment I'm in woman-specific shoes.  However I could go and put on some mens ones. However they're going to be a few sizes too big, so I might just look stupid.  Naked and in shoes that fit is fine, but naked in shoes that are too big just seems a bit, I don't know, perverted.

It's a bit chilly out.  Can I wear gloves (male or female ones) so that I can unlock the door when I get back in?

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

L Train

Here you go:

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Those gloves call for 4" heels.  Not sure Hoppity is going to agree to that.

4 inch heels would make my cankles look smaller.

Could be difficult to run in though.

Chris UK

... does any one on here swear by cross training?

I also buy women's trainers.

Cross training does not necessarily require cross dressing. That's all I have.

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

I am often angry when cross training.