What's the longest run you've ever done (no walk breaks)? (Read 2826 times)

28 yrs ago at age 25:

20-no stops

26.2-with walk at mile 20 (ran last 3 miles)

now at age 53:

around 8-no break

just over 9 with walk breaks near end after getting directions mixed up.  (last Friday). 

**hopefully beating both this Tuesday**      training for 1/2 in Spring or next summer.

Longest non-stop: ~32 or 33 miles.

Longest race non-stop: Marathon (probably 8 or 9 of them, maybe more)

Longest at once (w/walk breaks & stops at aid stations): 50 miles

I'm having a lot of trouble with this question. I'm assuming that you're not being condescending toward walking, but my attitude on walking has totally changed after the VT100. I have a really loose definition of running: if walking is the fastest one can reasonably go at a certain time, and it's during a run, then that is as good as running to me. I mean, what definition is being used? The race walking/feet on the ground one? A speed limit?

+1

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

yesterday

10.5   with 1/2 mile walk mixed in.  total run mileage around 10

10. Have a peak long run of 12 coming up on Saturday with my first half-marathon on the 29th.
            Long run of 20 miles this morning, new PB for me Smile
            joescott

26.2 and not a step further.

It is a holy number like pi or e.  You just don't mess with it.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Beware, batbear...

9.67 miles today.  Was trying for 10, but the heat and that last hill finally just slowed me down.  Plus, I hit A LOT of traffic towards the end of the run.  It's frustrating to stop and start on tired legs.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

Jazz hands!

Wait, does stopping for whatever reason count? Because mine is probably 4 or 5 due to traffic lights, stop signs, cars, getting lost, retying my shoe, roads, water stops in races, toilet breaks and having to climb over a fence this one time.
                  run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                    10miles..

Beginner all over again

No laughing here.

My longest run is 90 seconds.

Really.

But ask me again this time next year

Congrats on your Longest Run !

That's great progress!

Thanks for posting it for all to see.  It's very encouraging to beginners! 

Okay, folks, I am up to 2 minutes now.

:-)

I just want to encourage those beginner  Jog-walkers out there.

I'm wanting to get to 3 minutes by the end of the year.

fanreffic

26.2 and not a step further.

It is a holy number like pi or e.  You just don't mess with it.

Jeez, according to my Garmin, due to a bit of error, two potty stops and running way off the tangents I did 26.79!  Although theoretically I had walk breaks since I can't drink and run at the same time, but they were pretty short.

As for as a 2 minute PB goes, how long can you walk for?  If it's more than 10 minutes you have a skewed sense of what running should be.  Next time try 'jogging', nice and easy barely faster or harder than a walk.  You don't get faster, healthier, or build better endurance by trying to go fast longer.  It's all about a long slow build. 

1 1/2 hrs ago.  longest non-stop (except for stopping to yell at lady after her unrestrained black lab jumped me for 2nd time) in 25+ yrs.   12.5 miles.  123 minutes

Beginner all over again

Okay, folks, I am up to 2 minutes now.

I just want to encourage those beginner  Jog-walkers out there.

I'm wanting to get to 3 minutes by the end of the year.

Update, folks . .   

My regular run segment is now 4 minutes , with a 1 minute walk break in between,

but yesterday Just-For-Fun I ran a 5 minute Run Segment.

Not much compared to all of you, but this is progress, considering I started with walking-only then progressed to a jogging a 5-second segment (with a 1 minute walk break!)  earlier this year

Keep up the good effort Everyone

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

15 so far.

TRUST THE PROCESS

FrancisRe.   That is great - 4 miles.  I remember when you started last spring.  Good job!

I did an 8K all running.  I hope to be doing 10Ks in 2010.  I did one in '09, but want to do them so I am not completely worn out at the end, and all running would be great.