Garmin .fit file will not manually upload. (Read 61 times)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Hi - I am using a Windows 7 computer with Chrome version 56.0.2924.87

I normally use Garmin Express - my workouts automatically upload to Running Ahead

This morning, my other workouts uploaded, but my running workout did not.  So...I tried the manual "upload from file" option - went into the appropriate folder on my Garmin and selected the .fit file.

Even after having performed the manual upload several times, the run still does not show in the list of imported workouts.  Very strange.  I do see a message:

"Your data has been transferred to the server and is being processed. It will take a couple of minutes before your data becomes available.

You can leave this page to browse your log or the forums as you wait. A message bar will appear at the top of the page when the data is ready."

However, it's been some time since I attempted the manual upload, and the run is still not showing.  FWIW, the file DOES show in Garmin Connect, so I know it's not corrupted.

I did recently upload the STRYD power meter software to my Garmin, and this was my first run since doing so.  Perhaps that had something to do with it?

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

BTW, I did figure out a clumsy workaround - go to Garmin Connect, download the file as a .TCX to my computer, and then upload the .TCX to RunningAhead.  So I can still get the workout imported to the right place.  Just requires a few extra steps, and was much nicer when I could just pull in the .fit file.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

derek

The Stryd is the issue and Eric would hopefully fix it in June.  I had the same issue.  Uploading worked fine but once I used a Stryd, they stopped working.  Like you, I've been exporting the TCX file from Garnin Connect and using that in the interim

Derek

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Thanks, Derek.

I *just* added the Stryd app and power field to my 935 ... when this morning's run wouldn't import to SportTracks, I *knew* the culprit was likely Stryd, thanks to this thread.

Having already jumped the hoops through a GC export, etc., when I came to RA today, I just uploaded that file instead of the .fit from my watch.

Liz

pace sera, sera

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I see Eric is addressing the .FIT 2.0 issue in the Data Import Failure thread. All should be well again soon. 

https://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/011de21a5d2542098ade46f3c139bf22#focus

(And I'm especially glad for this - as not only is it a pain to get the .TCX files out of Garmin Connect [esp with no bulk export], it's also annoying to have pauses not treated the same way in the .TCX as in the .FIT.)

Liz

pace sera, sera