Cowtown Half Marathon Report (Full Report is up) (Read 665 times)

I told you so too Len. Very happy to see that you HTFU and ran sub-8 pace. I knew you could. Furthermore, beings that you did finish sub-8 pace, you are NOT a pantie-waist police officer. I am relieved. *phew*

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Len

Damn Yankee

I won't lie. The potential of being labeled a PWPO did enter my mind in the final third of the race.... Thanks for the motivation!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

I won't lie. The potential of being labeled a PWPO did enter my mind in the final third of the race.... Thanks for the motivation!
        Phew! So glad you took that the right way. I've been sweating bullets, cuz I can't control my unbridled tongue.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Great report, Len and an awesome race you ran. Congrats again! I forgot to mention it in my report but remembered when you called it out in yours. Big props to the Ft. Worth PD. They did a fantastic job out there yesterday and I made sure to thank everyone of them. In miles 20-24 several of them were cheering the runners on - something I haven't seen before in a race.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Len

Damn Yankee

Phew! So glad you took that the right way. I've been sweating bullets, cuz I can't control my unbridled tongue.
            Well I wasn't sure if the "W" stood for "whipped" or "waste" (to go along with the appropriate "p" word), but either way I didn't want the label. Wink

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

mikeymike

Nice, Len. Really well executed race. Congrats.

Runners run

Why is it sideways?

Righteous race. Sounds like you ran strong the whole time.
                Len

Damn Yankee

Len #2630 Avinger, TX, USA Age: 34 Gender: M Distance HALF MAR Clock Time 1:43:10 Chip Time 1:41:06 Overall Place 154 Gender Place 129 Division Place 24 Age Grade 58.8% Total Pace 7:43/M

JakeKnight

These people kinda pissed me off. The 10k started at the same time we did, so they were on pace for a ~ 1:40 plus 10k. Like a 16 min/mile pace. Any chance you people could NOT walk 4-5 wide, making the mid pack half mary people weave to get to the finish line? .................. JK- sorry, no pictures until the bright room photos are ready. Get over it.
                    Ridiculous that you were running into the tail end of the 10-k'ers. That sucks. I had that happen in a marathon with half marathoners on an out and back course (guess they were running a 3:40+ half ...?). But the course was open enough to get around them at least. This sounds like a nightmare. I checked the results. You were faster than 93+ % of the field. There were 2100 people behind you. Mid-pack, my ass. Hurry up with the pictures, dammit.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

Len

Damn Yankee

Ridiculous that you were running into the tail end of the 10-k'ers. That sucks. I had that happen in a marathon with half marathoners on an out and back course (guess they were running a 3:40+ half ...?). But the course was open enough to get around them at least. This sounds like a nightmare. I checked the results. You were faster than 93+ % of the field. There were 2100 people behind you. Mid-pack, my ass. Hurry up with the pictures, dammit.
                      Were you aware that the elitist marathon whore Casa flew in for the race?