Functionality Lost in Firefox 3 (Read 661 times)

Jim Melton

Just upgraded my browser to Firefox 3. I tried making my usual entries in RA, but ran into some issues. I no longer get a hyperlink indicator on the mouse pointer when I hover over New Run Entry. Also, the calendar no longer works on the Run Info date, the default miles no longer changes when I change courses, and I can no longer expand the sections to add lap times and placement for races. Hopefully, this can be fixed relatively soon, or maybe it's possible that this is Java functionality that is disabled by default in FF 3?. Thanks, Jim
      Hi Jim, I've got FF3 on both Linux and Vista, I can't seem to reproduce the issues you're seeing. Can you go to "Help->About" in FireFox and copy/paste the stuff at the bottom where it says "Mozilla/5.0 ......."? It's possible that some of the JavaScript files for the different pages didn't load correctly for you the first time. You can try clearing the browser cache (Tools->Clear Private Data->Cache) or forcing the browser to reload the pages you're seeing issues on (Control+F5 on each page). -brian
      Jim Melton

Here you go. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 Everything else seems fine. I'll check a couple more things and let you know. Thx.
        Jim Melton

I hadn't rebooted for a while, so I figured I'd give that a shot...no luck. Clearing the cache is the first thing I usually try if something isn't quite right on a web page. Is there a specific JRE that is require for RA? I have 1.6.0_05 installed.
            RA doesn't use the JRE. All client-side functions are performed through JavaScript, no JRE needed. Do you have any FireFox Addons or Extensions? It's possible one of them got pulled over during your upgrade but isn't really compatible with FF3. You can also try looking at the "Error Console" (Tools->Error Console) when loading one of the problematic pages.
              Just upgraded my browser to Firefox 3. I tried making my usual entries in RA, but ran into some issues. I no longer get a hyperlink indicator on the mouse pointer when I hover over New Run Entry. Also, the calendar no longer works on the Run Info date, the default miles no longer changes when I change courses, and I can no longer expand the sections to add lap times and placement for races.
              All of these functions are javascript driven, which should be enabled on your browser by default. But, be sure you've checked the obvious first. In your browser, choose Tools | Options. Go to the "Content" tab and be sure that "Enable Javascript" is checked. Also be sure that you don't have any extensions that interfere or block the running of javascript, such as "No Script."

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.