New Treadmill... (Read 164 times)

Better I Leave

**Happy Dance**

My Sole F85 is up and running. WOOHOO!

an amazing likeness

Nice ride.

(Geez..I can barely tolerate 40 minutes staring at the outside world through the window at the local Y's treadmill...looks like you're going be real intimatel with the that drywall's details.)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Better I Leave

Nice ride.

(Geez..I can barely tolerate 40 minutes staring at the outside world through the window at the local Y's treadmill...looks like you're going be real intimatel with the that drywall's details.)

LOL! My wife says the same thing. Oddly enough, that's when I do my best work on a TM. I put on my "phones", stare at a "dot"...and run. The music has to "move" me though. Running outside is preferable of course, but up here in the mountains, it's not always feasible.

Feeling the growl again

Keep your speed slow or stay off of it as much as you can, it will last a long time as long as you don't use it too much.... Smile

In all seriousness, lube it twice as often as the manual calls for.  I put 1000mi/yr on my Sole (average pace around 9mph, lots of 8.6-9mph use with 1-2 runs/week 10-12 mph) on my F63 and I went through 4 decks, 2 belts, 1 speed sensor, and 1 start button in 5 years before the main board went and I trashed it.  Each deck lasted progressively less than the prior one, with the last one only going 3 months.

To Sole's credit, all of this was replaced under warranty even though the last deck replacement was technically out of warranty (but they replaced it due to the short duration the prior one had lasted).

To my knowledge, they have improved the deck warranty from 3yr to lifetime since I bought mine in 2007.  IMHO this is because of the issues like what I experienced.

I'm on to a NordicTrack, on which the deck has shattered in 10mo/1500-1800mi Angry  At 150lbs I guess I need to lose weight...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Better I Leave

Good advice and thanks. I don't believe there will be any issues with my speed. I don't think I'll ever see an average pace of 9mph. I'm currently at 180lbs and plan to get back to 190lbs (or more if possible)once I can start lifting again. The reason I got the F85 was because the reviews stated it could handle "heavier" runners.

Keep your speed slow or stay off of it as much as you can, it will last a long time as long as you don't use it too much.... Smile

In all seriousness, lube it twice as often as the manual calls for.  I put 1000mi/yr on my Sole (average pace around 9mph, lots of 8.6-9mph use with 1-2 runs/week 10-12 mph) on my F63 and I went through 4 decks, 2 belts, 1 speed sensor, and 1 start button in 5 years before the main board went and I trashed it.  Each deck lasted progressively less than the prior one, with the last one only going 3 months.

To Sole's credit, all of this was replaced under warranty even though the last deck replacement was technically out of warranty (but they replaced it due to the short duration the prior one had lasted).

To my knowledge, they have improved the deck warranty from 3yr to lifetime since I bought mine in 2007.  IMHO this is because of the issues like what I experienced.

I'm on to a NordicTrack, on which the deck has shattered in 10mo/1500-1800mi Angry  At 150lbs I guess I need to lose weight...