PERMASTANK Solution!!!! (Read 841 times)

A Saucy Wench

I dont usually have too much problem with running permastank with the "wash clothes on cold never ever dry them in the dryer" method, but my favorite longsleeve shirt had developed it to the point I couldnt stand to wear it anymore.

I squirted the pits with Natures Miracle  - the dog pee enzyme stuff you get at petstores and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes before doing my normal cold wash/air dry.

SOOOOOO much better.  The shirt is saved.   It isnt perfect, but it is maybe 80% gone.   And more importantly it didnt seem to get "heat activated" by running in the shirt.  I am actually sitting here, typing, still wearing the shirt post run and I cant smell myself.  VICTORY!

Oh the yellowing in the pits is nearly gone too.

For someone who doesnt own pets, I have found more uses for that stuff!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

So you sweat dog pee???

And what made you try this?

(I have some. I will test this, maybe today.  Heh.)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...we have the cat-specific version.  I may give this a try.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

And what made you try this?

(I have some. I will test this, maybe today.  Heh.)

Desperation?

Actually it says perspiration stains and smells right on the bottle.

And I own it because it works great on kid pee too. My carpets would never have made it through pottytraining without it.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

sugnim

Cool.  Interesting solution--I would not have thought of that.  Vinegar works for me, but I can see that the enzyme stuff would probably do a great job too.

xor

I have tried vinegar, baking soda (not with the vinegar, ha), oxyclean-like enzyme solutions, "don't use the dryer", etc etc etc.

No soap.

Some stuff just gets funky.

(weird embedded joke explanation:  when I was a kid, "no soap" was a strange way to say "nothing worked")

Tiefsa

Just wondering, but are these items cotton or technical shirts? Some of my cotton shirts stink bad, but I still like the shirts.
                stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Perma-solution: technical wool

Wear it 6 runs a week.  Wash it once a week.  Never-ever stinks.  Not even right before the wash.  Just wish they made wind-breaker jackets out of the stuff.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

A Saucy Wench

Wear it 6 runs a week.  Wash it once a week.  Never-ever stinks.  Not even right before the wash.  Just wish they made wind-breaker jackets out of the stuff.

That would involve buying running shirts. With the exception of 1 LS shirt and the swamp singlets, mine are all race shirts.

tief, these were my tech shirts.  I may try it on dh's cotton t's.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love merino socks for everything and love wearing merino tops for casual, but it doesn't wick nearly enough for my volume of sweat around my neck, back, and inner arms.  I end up with soaked, clammy areas and the wool still has a funky smell when it's wet.  Not the same skunky stank of random tech fabrics, but still sorta grody.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Supersono99

Good to know.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I use 1/2 cup of white vinegar in the rinse/fabric softener dispenser.  It works for both cat pee and me-stink.  The enzyme thing sounds like a good idea, too.

Coastal

I use 1/2 cup of white vinegar in the rinse/fabric softener dispenser.  It works for both cat pee and me-stink.  The enzyme thing sounds like a good idea, too.

I'll try this.  Thanks!

Smashy!!!

Nice solution. I've been spraying my stuff with Lysol. It works too. But I have to spray it almost every time. How often do you have to use the pet pee spray?

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

#artbydmcbride

I use hydrogen peroxide on cat pee.....I may try it on my tech shirts!  Shy

Runners run