Comments/Notes Not Showing in Calendar View (Read 59 times)

Magmason

Hi, I frequently use the option of hovering over a workout in calendar view and seeing my comments.  I can quickly scan past workouts and pinpoint relevant observations without opening the whole workout.  Now, however, I just get one word:  "Undefined."  Browser doesn't seem to matter; it does the same thing in Firefox, Safari and Chrome. Why did this feature change, and can it be restored?  Thanks in advance.

eric :)

Hi Magmason,

I made a bunch of changes recently in an attempt to stomp out a particular hard to replicate bug.  The change may affect other parts of the code, which may explain the problem you're seeing.  I'll take a look when I get a chance.

eric Smile

tallguy442

Seeing this behavior as well. The hover feature is huge for the way I view the calendar. Thanks for looking into it!

eric :)

Hi all,

I found the problem.  I upgraded to the latest development environment, include the tools to generate JavaScripts.  One of such tools was complaining about suspicious code and offered to fix it.  I did and broke the calendar code.

For the JavaScript inclined, the original code was doing something like:

<code>if (obj.property == null)</code>

The tool suggested:

<code>if (obj.property === null)</code>

The triple equals is only compares null, even though property maybe undefined, which is not null.  Anyway, reverting the changes fixed the problem.

eric Smile

tallguy442

Awesome. Thank you!

Magmason

Wow, thank you for your incredibly speedy response, Eric!  I love this site.  Very much appreciated.

When this thread was started I wasn't having this issue, but now I am. Not a huge deal, but thought you'd want to know. Happens both with Chrome and IE.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

When this thread was started I wasn't having this issue, but now I am. Not a huge deal, but thought you'd want to know. Happens both with Chrome and IE.

I did a Ctrl-R, and that fixed it.

I did a Ctrl-R, and that fixed it.

Yep, that seems to have done the trick. Thanks.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.