The Departed (Read 675 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyone see this, yet? I REALLY want to (and, no, not just because it is jam-packed with hot guys). My brother called to tell me how good it was--he pretty much echoed what all the critics are saying. The story sounds really fascinating--I love that suspenseful kind of stuff...and hot guys who happen to be great actors, too. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ok, loser who only watches one tv show & hasn't been in a movie theater for a non-kid film in years. What is it about? Who is in it? I heard hot guys...which hot guys? I do like hot guys!!
      So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

More info: IMDB I hear that Mark Wahlburg's character is really fun and very well done. And then there's always Matt Damon...I loves me some Matt Damon bein' a badass. BTW, if you haven't seen the Jason Bourne films, RENT them...hell, buy them. Those are a couple of my favorite movies and I can't wait for the 3rd installment. k

~ Sarah Kay

mikeymike

Normally I wouldn't wander into this forum but the title caught my eye. I really want to see this movie. It has one of the best trailers I've ever seen, and an unreal cast. Also they filmed some of the scenes (including the rooftop and guy falling off building scenes that are in the trailer) on the street where I work, which was mostly annoying all of last summer but was occasionally interesting. It's not every day you're on a conference call with a customer when you look up and see Jack Nicholson strolling by with his morning coffee. And I'm comfortable enough in my manhood to admit that Leonardo DiCaprio is a damn good looking guy. Not a bad actor either.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And I'm comfortable enough in my manhood to admit that Leonardo DiCaprio is a damn good looking guy. Not a bad actor either.
              For a while there he was really being typecast as a pretty boy, but "Catch Me If You Can" and "The Aviator" really gave me a lot of respect for him. He's a very good actor, indeed. k

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

For a while there he was really being typecast as a pretty boy, but "Catch Me If You Can" and "The Aviator" really gave me a lot of respect for him. He's a very good actor, indeed.
                Ugh... I'm sick of that guy! Anyone see "The Beach"? After that and "Titanic", I don't know if I can ever forgive him. ('Catch me if you can' was good, I must admit.) However, I do really want to see "The Departed".... Maybe Jack Nicholson can teach Leo a thing or two...
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Didya see "The Aviator," though...you might really see him in a different light. My brother said he was good in "Gangs of New York," too...never saw that one, myself. It will be interesting to see what sorts of Oscar noms. this film might get. Sounds like there could very well be some acting ones, at the very least. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Drop everything and GO see this movie! Just got back from seeing this with a friend and we both agree that it deserves several Oscars. Awesome performances, great story, LOTS of blood (like all of Shakespeare's tragedies--combined). I really want to see it again.

~ Sarah Kay

mikeymike

I might in possession of a bootlegged copy of The Departed. How did I get it, you ask?....lets just say I'm from Boston, I work in Southie, they shot part of the movie on the street where I work, my best friend is a Mass state trooper, my other best friend was a teamster who worked on the shooting of the movie....and where I work we have a few Northeastern students as co-ops. All of those things are true but only one is important when you want to get your hands on pirated copyrighted materials. We have 4 kids. We're not goint to the movies. If I want to watch this thing before it comes out on DVD then I gotta do what I gotta do. My review later this weekend.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mike, I hope you like it. I have a couple of friends from Bahston who really thought it was incredible. k

~ Sarah Kay

This movie is based on another movie called Infernal Affairs, which was originally from Hong Kong. I haven't seen it yet but Infernal Affairs and its sequel/prequel, Infernal Affairs II, are both great. Definitely worth a watch if you're interested.
                          mikeymike

Okay, it's a pretty good flick--not a great flick but pretty good. Jack Nicholson does a good job, if a bit over the top, of playing the despicable murdering psycho mob boss (not exactly a stretch for him), Matt Damon is decent and there is an awesome cast. Leo D. does the best job of acting in this one. He was very good. Mark Wahlburg's character was well done. Martin Sheen also does a nice job--he sort of reminds you of people you know. Now if you haven't seen it and don't want any of the suspense ruined, please stop reading here..... Okay, here's what I didn't like about it: maybe it's just because I went in with the wrong expectations, but I didn't really go for the ending. I guess I was expecting a kind-of-based-on-truth gangster movie and what I got was a gory twisted Quentin Tarantino type story where everyone get killed in a blood and gore shoot out. Not that I mind that type of movie just not what I expected. And if thats what you're making, why bother to base it on sort of real characters i.e. Frank Costello = Whitey? Anyhoo, pretty good flick.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Okay, here's what I didn't like about it: maybe it's just because I went in with the wrong expectations, but I didn't really go for the ending. I guess I was expecting a kind-of-based-on-truth gangster movie and what I got was a gory twisted Quentin Tarantino type story where everyone get killed in a blood and gore shoot out. Not that I mind that type of movie just not what I expected. And if thats what you're making, why bother to base it on sort of real characters i.e. Frank Costello = Whitey? Anyhoo, pretty good flick.
                              Yeah, I was kinda iffy about the ending, too. It was almost comical by the end (and I also got the same Tarantino/Shakespeare vibe off of the bloodbath last half hour). Though I DID like Mark Wahlburg's final scene. I figured he would show up again, but the way he did came as a bit of a surprise. It will be interesting to see what sort of Oscar noms this might get. How many best supporting actor noms can one film receive? I could foresee this one getting several. Even Alec Baldwin's relatively small part was very well done. k

~ Sarah Kay