Dietary Debauchery - Super Bowl party food (Read 1150 times)

12-week layoff

Ooh, one of our favorites...Mexican Velveeta, cream cheese, chorizo, Rotel tomatoes.  Throw that shit in a crock pot, eat with Tostitos Scoops chips.

OK, so do that with the velveeta, etc.  While the cheese is melting, spread some black refried beans on the bottom of a cassarole dish.  Brown some ground sausage or hamburger meat with taco seasoning and put on top of layer of beans in casserole dish.  THEN pour your cheesy goodness on top, throw some chedder shreds, and bake until bubbly.  Serve with sour cream, jalapenos, black olives, and lots o' beer.

Or this:  1 block cream cheese, one cup ranch dressing, 2/3 cup wing sauce, and one tin of chicken breast, drained.  Melt cheese in microwave, then mix with other ingredients.  Top with chedder, and bake 45 minutes.  Serve with Fritos scoops. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Or this:  1 block cream cheese, one cup ranch dressing, 2/3 cup wing sauce, and one tin of chicken breast, drained.  Melt cheese in microwave, then mix with other ingredients.  Top with chedder, and bake 45 minutes.  Serve with Fritos scoops. 

A good friend of ours does this one...it's like crack, and I don't even go for buffalo wings type stuff, as a rule.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

What the hell is a "tin" of chicken breast? 

vegefrog

Oh man! I always make this for parties, but I actually boil chicken breasts and then shred them in the food processor...does the chicken in a tin taste good? Sounds so much simpler! Also I use blue cheese dressing and mozzerella on top! So many variations, I could  drink the buffalo sauce by itself. YUM Smile You can serve it with celery instead of fritos to save a few calories. I know, I know healthy snacks have NO place at a superbowl party, LOL.

12-week layoff

Canned chicken breast, like tuna fish.  I was trying to be all British.  And failing.

Yes, the canned chicken breast tastes OK.  Not as good, but good enough.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Canned chicken breast, like tuna fish.  I was trying to be all British.  And failing.

Yes, the canned chicken breast tastes OK.  Not as good, but good enough.

I've bought a rotisserie chicken when I need shredded chicken for things.  Tasty, never dry, easy to get off the carcass, cheap.

~ Sarah Kay

I will have to try that for something different. I'm getting bored with our old standby, chili nacho dip:

1 block of cream cheese, softened, spread along the bottom of a glass or ceramic pie plate. 

1 can Hormel chil w/beans (or make your own) spread on top of the cream cheese

1/2 cup salsa spread on top of the chili

2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese on top

Add your favorite toppings (jalapenos, black olives, etc.)

bake at 325 to 350 for ~30 minutes. 

make it mild and my kids will eat it. 

#artbydmcbride

So,...I am assuming that watching the Super Bowl burns off 3 or 4 thousand calories?   Surprised

Runners run

I'm a longtime fan of the frozen Armour meatballs in a crockpot with grape jelly & chili sauce glaze.  I will sometimes add a can of chopped chilis and some minced garlic to this, too. 

I'm curious about this one.  How much jelly and chili sauce do you use?  Any special technique or do you just put it all in the crockpot and turn it on?

OK, so do that with the velveeta, etc.  While the cheese is melting, spread some black refried beans on the bottom of a cassarole dish.  Brown some ground sausage or hamburger meat with taco seasoning and put on top of layer of beans in casserole dish.  THEN pour your cheesy goodness on top, throw some chedder shreds, and bake until bubbly.  Serve with sour cream, jalapenos, black olives, and lots o' beer.

The chicken dip is a fav at our house too, everyone loves it.  The top suggestion sounds great also, we'll have to give it a try.

Thanks for all the answers everyone!

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm curious about this one.  How much jelly and chili sauce do you use?  Any special technique or do you just put it all in the crockpot and turn it on?

The basic sauce is 1C grape jelly, 1 jar chili sauce, then whatever else you'd want to add (I like to do a tsp of minced garlic).  I mix the sauce ingredients and pour over the frozen meatballs in the crock pot, then stir to coat and let it heat up to eating temp.  Easy peasy.

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Trent's has me fascinated.

Then there's this

The basic sauce is 1C grape jelly, 1 jar chili sauce, then whatever else you'd want to add (I like to do a tsp of minced garlic).  I mix the sauce ingredients and pour over the frozen meatballs in the crock pot, then stir to coat and let it heat up to eating temp.  Easy peasy.

Thanks, will give it a shot!

Trent, I forgot to mention it earlier, but those spaghetti hotdog things unsettle me deeply.......are they a joke of some sort or are they cool / fun in some way I am not seeing?

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

When I was in Ohio, I saw a whole tinned chicken. Well,it was a huge can  ( think big can of baked beans )  and a whole, cooked, chopped up chicken.

can you say gross?  

Canned chicken is gross for sure, but, works well in everyone's favorite kiddie recipe, Chicken Noodle Casserole.

- Anya

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thanks, will give it a shot!

Trent, I forgot to mention it earlier, but those spaghetti hotdog things unsettle me deeply.......are they a joke of some sort or are they cool / fun in some way I am not seeing?

I think the little boy in me thinks they are cool.