How soon do you check your race results online? (Read 736 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

hey, is that you in that skirt? ::whistles:: that is a super cute skirt too!
    I wish! Actually, I need to lose probably 10-15#s before mine will fit perfectly, so I am keeping that avatar up as incentive! Big grin Claire, are you serious? Sheesh, they need to be better organized or find a new system, huh?! Sad k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hmmm.... on the note of race results....let's say you get an award for a race but don't actually stick around for the award ceremony....as in "I didn't think I did that well!".....do race organizer mail the award to you later? Is it ok to contact them and ask for it? http://robinspacers.org/results/marathon/07-13m.htm Rei Manneck Cool

Smile when you're ready!!
        hmmmm...I've never had that problem Redleg Clowning around I hope they do send it to you, that'd be cool.

Jennifer mm#1231

RunningHammer

Well after three days I got fed up of waiting and emailed the race director to ask when they were posting the times/results. The answer... Hi Claire We hope to have the results on our web site later this week or early next Regards Ian Poo. It could be another week! They know how to torture a girl don't they. Claire xxx
          That's pants !

My dogs are fast, not me

I'm still waiting for official results from Sunday afternoon and I've been checking since about 5 hours after the race. Since it's a series, there's a bunch of stuff they need to do with the age groups and points so it's probably pretty nit-picky. Also, it seemed like a lot of people signed up that day, so it may be taking a while to sort everything out. Robin

Robin

Hmmm.... on the note of race results....let's say you get an award for a race but don't actually stick around for the award ceremony....as in "I didn't think I did that well!".....do race organizer mail the award to you later? Is it ok to contact them and ask for it? http://robinspacers.org/results/marathon/07-13m.htm Rei Manneck Cool
              Posted a nice time Lt. I'll be happy to post 2:40!! But then I'm new to all this

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Posted a nice time Lt. I'll be happy to post 2:40!! But then I'm new to all this
                HOOAH...thank you sir! I am pretty new to the whole racing thing also...this was my first half marathon....and that came after almost 2 months in the field eating MREs (aka Army rations) and no PT. We aregoing to train pretty hard for the next 3 months getting ready to go back to Iraq....second time for me...third for alot of the guys...the 3 rd Infantry train never stops!!! I am hoping to do some trail running while in the field to get ready for the Run the Reagan Half and the ING Georgia Half Marathon. Rei Manneck Cool

Smile when you're ready!!
                  God Bless you! And may He protect you in the ME!! If you have ANY problems with Travel Pay let me know! I deal mostly with Reserves but I am not without my Active contacts! Thank you for your service!! You ARE suported no matter what the MSM says!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Scout7

In terms of awards being mailed..... Depends on the race, and the race director. I've done races where they tell you in the sign-up form that awards and t-shirts won't be mailed. However, I do know that said RD holds on to those awards in case you show up to another race he directs. That being said, I would definitely contact the RD to find out. Oh, and if you ain't Cav, you ain't.
                    JakeKnight

God Bless you! And may He protect you in the ME!! Thank you for your service!! You ARE suported no matter what the MSM says!
                      What he said. Times a million. Semper Fi.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

Depends on the race. Many will mail it to you, others want it picked up. It is most assuredly ok to contact them and ask for it. You earned it. Ah, yes. MRE's--Meals Rarely Eaten. I've been through C-Rats, LRRP rations, and MRE's. These days, I live off HCM's (Home Cooked Meals). And--are you FA by any chance? Either way, like JK said, Semper Fi.
                        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                          I always check as soon as I get home! Foolish, I know, since I already know my time - but it is very frustrating when it takes a long time. The site with Carlsbad's results is fantastic - searchable, sortable, all kinds of -able. Way better than PrimeTime (check out resultsbyprimetime.com) - they are in adobe format and some are virtually unreadable, also incomplete (missing the half from an event I did). Guess race directors get what they pay for!
                          1000 mile club. "Pain is just the weakness leaking out."
                            God Bless you! And may He protect you in the ME!! Thank you for your service!! You ARE suported no matter what the MSM says!
                            yeahthat and a big fat amen!

Jennifer mm#1231

Sluggard

It depends. I usually ask a race volunteer. I know that certain sponsors [meaning running stores locally] are very good about getting their stuff posted within hours. Of course, I have only run in small, local races -- not huge national or international marathons. No ChampionChips yet. On the other hand, I ran in a small 5K on Veterans' Day [11-11-2006] for which I am still waiting for results. They even had a blank on the registration form for email so that results could be sent out. And another 5K I ran in September 2006 took until October to get me the results, only after much pestering. Then, they only posted the top threes [overall, gender, and age bracket]. I was conspicuously absent until I bothered them into sending me the whole excel file. What can I say? I am a computer programmer. It's all about the data.
                                I wanted to add to this thread...the race I did on Saturday was a kathy loper event. No timing chips. The results were posted before NOON! Gotta love that. I guess I'm just spoiled. Blush

Jennifer mm#1231