Holy Ultra, Batman! (Read 1149 times)

No - not me. I still pant like a dog in the summer after 5 or 6 miles. This post is either me bragging on JLynnBob or it's a case of mistaken identity Big grin I'm sitting here reading the March issue of Inside Texas Running and came across the Ultra Texas column. They were reviewing 2006 Texas Ultra Stats and low and behold I came across the name Lynn B. I say to myself, "Self, I wonder if that's the same guy on RA?" If it is, he is listed on the men's list of most Ultra finishes, as well as Most Versatile (4 races of different lengths - 50k, 50m, 100m, and 48 hour). Not sure if that's you or not Lynn, but if it is - congrats on some great accomplishments. I dream of running in a month what you run in a weekend.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd put money on it being "our" Lynn. He rocks! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

If it is, he is listed on the men's list of most Ultra finishes, as well as Most Versatile (4 races of different lengths - 50k, 50m, 100m, and 48 hour). Not sure if that's you or not Lynn, but if it is - congrats on some great accomplishments.
        Hey, that can't be me, I ran those 4 race distances and a 100K too! Interesting, I don't get Inside Texas Running... Thanks, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

that is uber cool! Cool

Jennifer mm#1231

Hey, that can't be me, I ran those 4 race distances and a 100K too! Interesting, I don't get Inside Texas Running... Thanks, Lynn B
            I picked it up for free at the Flapjack race put on by the Dallas Running Club today. Be happy to send you a scan of the article if you want. Then you can correct the guy that wrote it Evil grin Pretty cool little paper publication though. Their website is here, but they don't have the March issue on the website yet. Congrats though!

You'll ruin your knees!

I picked it up for free at the Flapjack race put on by the Dallas Running Club today. Be happy to send you a scan of the article if you want. Then you can correct the guy that wrote it Evil grin Pretty cool little paper publication though. Their website is here, but they don't have the March issue on the website yet. Congrats though!
              A scan would be awesome! You can send it to lynn dot ballard at pepsico dot com. Thanks...this "year in review" stuff is pretty neat! I was looking at UltraRunning mag the other day and found that I am listed as the 247th fastest man in North America to run a hundred mile event in 2006! They listed all that had run sub-24 hour 100's (listed each person only once) and 'bam' there I was! Given I don't think of my self as anywhere close to fast, that was pretty cool! Thanks Mike, by the way, I love the picture in your profile. I like photography (purely for fun) and I really enjoy playing around with stuff like that. Great shot! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Do you consume many Pepsi Brand products on your Ultra Marathons? Perhaps that's the secret sauce/formula I am missing.... Big grin Just out of curiosity, how does your body feel after one of those super long events?

Vim

Lynn, The scans are on the way to your inbox. Enjoy! I wish I could take credit for the picture. I stumbled across it on the net quite a while ago and really liked it too. It reminded me of being a kid and holding my fingers an inch or so apart and pretending that I was holding the sun (or a plane or whatever).

You'll ruin your knees!

Do you consume many Pepsi Brand products on your Ultra Marathons? Perhaps that's the secret sauce/formula I am missing.... Big grin Just out of curiosity, how does your body feel after one of those super long events?
                    Pepsi products? ABSOLUTELY! Mountain Dew is my absolute favoritest! The caffine and sugar one-two punch really helps. I'll also drink a cup of Pepsi occasionally to get the same effect. Late night, I'll take some Amp (from Mountain Dew), which is also a high-caffine drink. Other products I like are Fritos and Lays Potato Chips (yep, Frito-Lay is a division of PepsiCo), which help with my body's craving of salty stuff. As for how the body feels, I guess it depends. Sometimes I feel like an easy run the day after, sometimes I'll take a few days off. The terrain of the race also dictates a lot... But I ALWAYS recover better after running on any kind of trail than I do from running on pavement! Lynn B

Now that was a bath...

How cool! We are amidst the ranks of the famous. Cheering you on all the way Lynn - and what a long way it's been! Claire xxx
                    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                        I'm sitting here reading the March issue of Inside Texas Running and came across the Ultra Texas column. They were reviewing 2006 Texas Ultra Stats and low and behold I came across the name Lynn B. He is listed on the men's list of most Ultra finishes, as well as Most Versatile (4 races of different lengths - 50k, 50m, 100m, and 48 hour).
                        VERY cool!! Congratulations Lynn! Smile